treize | thirteen

» Ce soir je vais danser pour toi«

»Tonight I'm gonna dance for you

July 19, 1995

July 19, 1995

"You know you want some more, you know you want some more!" I yelled through the house at the top of my lungs.

Jodeci's album, 'The Show, the After Party, the Hotel', had been released yesterday. And even though I was in the studio with DeVanté and the rest of them when most of the songs were being recorded, I'll still blast them like it's my first time hearing it. I was especially happy because my vocals were on the album. And no, I wasn't singing, I was sort of... Actually, all you have to know is that I'm on 'Time & Place', 'Room 454: DeVanté's InHERmission, 'P.I.B 4 Play', and 'Zipper'. I'm not proud of being on it considering the song and interludes, but I am at the same time.

"I hear you knocking at my door, let's me know, you want more. Come and get it, if you with it. I'll touch you, how you like it, is it sensitive? Do you wanna get, get some more, open my door!" I twirled and jumped to the sound of K-Ci's voice. I stopped in my tracks when I turned around and DeVanté was standing right in front of me.

"Ah!" I screamed, bumping into him. He chuckled and folded his arms.

"How long are you gonna blast this through the house?" He asked. At that moment, the song 'Get on Up' started to play. I grinned and clapped my hands. "Forever." I mouthed and continued dancing. Dalvin actually produced and wrote this song, which is why I'm surprised that I'm in love with it. He's really top dog for that one, no pun intended.

"You do that, but one of my homies coming over."

"Who?" I stop dancing and looked at him. "Pac." He said, grinning a little bit. I stood frozen, I knew this would happen, I just knew it. I hope that nothing crazy goes down, and that DeVanté doesn't think I cheated on him with Pac. Then again... never mind.

The door bell rang and DeVanté went to get it. Behind it, was the man himself, Tupac Shakur. He smiled and dapped DeVanté up. His smile was too beautiful not to notice. Pac spotted me and winked when DeVanté, I almost passed out right then and there. The door closed and Pac sat on our couch.

"Pac, this is my wife, Carmen. Carmen this is, well, you know who." DeVanté introduced us, I shook his hand as if I've never met him before. "Hello Carmen, I'm Tupac." Tupac said, pretending this was our first time meeting. Going along with it, I smiled back.

"Hey, I'm Carmen, nice to meet you."

I looked into his glistening brown eyes, almost getting lost in the midst of them. DeVanté cleared his throat, making me snap right out of my thoughts. I sat on the other couch across from them. I didn't want to seem like I had any sexual interest in Tupac, but I'm doing a horrible job at it. I had to find someway to keep myself occupied, but I just don't know what.