dix-neuf | nineteen

»Je ne peux pas vivre sans toi, alors je vais pleurer pour toi. Faire tout ce que je peux, sentir ce contact de votre main.«

»I can't live without you, so I'll cry for you. Do anything I can, to feel that touch from your hand.«

March 30, 1998

March 30, 1998

"And, that's a wrap!" The director yelled, making everyone cheer. We finally finished shooting the video for my song, 'Are You That Somebody'. I was pretty happy, but I still promised Nas that I would head over to the studio to record for his song, 'You Won't See Me Tonight'. It wouldn't be much of a hassle, the parts that I have to record are very short, but still noticeable.

"Mommy, that was amazing!" The twins shouted while running up to me and hugging my legs.

"Thank you my babies. Did you guys grab a snack while I was dancing?"

"Yes, mommy. Uncle Rashad gave us cookies and donuts." Donald said, pointing to Rashad, who was holding Julien. I asked Rashad to come on set, since all of my friends were busy. Diane wanted to stay with DeVanté for some reason. Speaking of which, I sent him divorce papers a week ago, but he continues to ignore them. Each time I tried to speak to him on the phone, he kept begging for me to come back to him. I might have been highly stupid in the past, but I've gained common sense. So, me being the intellectual that I am, I hung up. No need for all the whining, he knew what he was doing to whole time while beating the dog shit out of me.

"That's good. Now, go get your jackets so we can go." I smiled. They both nodded in agreement and ran to get them. 

"Carmen, can I talk to you?" Missy whispered to me. I invited her on set, but she didn't want to be in the video. Though, we became closer by the day.

"Sure, Miss. What's up?"

"All I want to say is, that I'm proud of you. For getting away from DeVanté, and becoming completely unfazed by the situation." Missy pulling me in for a hug. She was smiling from ear to ear, but it quickly faded away. Missy inhaled with her eyes shut, then let out a deep breath. "So, it means that I have to tell you this..." She started off with that, and I was in complete disbelief in what I was hearing. She told me that DeVanté used to starve, dehydrate, and overwork them while mentoring them. Not only that, she said that he used to hit them. I honestly couldn't believe it, but I wouldn't put it past him. Missy explained all the trouble she had over there, and how DeVanté would pursue his female mentes to have sex with him. After hearing that, I definitely wasn't going back to him, ever.

"Missy, I didn't kn-"

"It's fine, really. Thankfully, Gin had the idea for us to leave him alone music wise. Plus, I could tell that you didn't know, he was cheating after all." She chuckled.

"Wow, thank you for telling me."

"You're welcome, and I think it's time you head out. Your kids are buggin' Timb over there." She laughed and pointed to Timbaland, who seemed annoyed by the twins poking at him and asking him random questions.