trois | three

»Two can play that game«

»C'est un jeu qui se joue à deux«

March 3, 1993

"Échec et mat, nigga!" I yelled, beating DeVanté at chess once again.

"Man, I let you win that." He kissed his teeth. "You let me win over fifty two times? How generous." I said sarcastically. He just rolled his eyes and said 'Whatever'.

"Knock, knock, open up bitch!" Lisa shouted and straight up walked into our house. She also dragged along Tionne and Rozonda as usual.

"Why say knock knock if you're just going to bust in anyways?" I raised my eyebrow. "To build dramatic effect, but how you children doing?"

"Nothing much, except I'm whooping DeVanté's ass in chess." I giggled. "I heard that!" He yelled from the kitchen. "Alright, onto more important matters, when she coming out because I'm starting to lose my patience." Rozanda said.

"Yeah, the more time she spends in there, the less time she has for me to help her find a boyfriend." Tionne added on.

"Like I said before, she ain't having no damn boyfriends!" DeVanté walked back into the living room. "Not on my damn watch."

"Tuh! Who you think you stopping? My god daughter is going to having all the little niggas looking once she hits kindergarten. A B C D look at me. I'm so fly as you can see. Stare at me, I don't care, just don't look at my derrière." Tionne chuckled at the little freestyle she made.

"Nice song. Now she going to be home schooled until she turns 94. Thank you." DeVanté smiled in satisfaction. "Can you two stop arguing, y'all are going to upset the baby." I rubbed my belly.

"Sorry baby, I just-"

"Open the fuck up!" Dalvin, K-Ci, and Jojo walked in unexpectedly just like my friends did. Weird.

Tionne almost jumped out of her seat when she saw Dalvin, which was weird because I remember her seeing, well, screeching over him at the baby shower three months ago.

"Hey, Carmen." Jojo greeted me sweetly. Jojo was the nicest one in the group, he was more off to himself and never gave anyone any trouble. "Hi, Jojo." I walked over to give him a hug.

Rozonda must have been bitten by the same bug that Tionne was bitten by, because she was staring at Jojo like he was a slab of meat. "Uh, Ro, you good?" Lisa waved her hand in front of her face.

Rozonda blinked a couple of times before snapping back into reality. "Uh, yeah! I'm fine here. It's all good, great in fact. I'm amazing." She rushed out entirely. Aww, she has a crush on Jojo.