quinze | fifteen

»There's a few things in my past, that should not be explained. I'm asking you, baby, be with me for a lil' while»

(Y'all, my bad, but I accidentally updated this story earlier than I should have

(Y'all, my bad, but I accidentally updated this story earlier than I should have. Whoops)

"DeVanté's where?!" I shouted over the phone at Tionne. After Tupac thankfully saved me, I asked him to drive me home. He did offer to buy me something decent to eat, but I declined. I was just itching to see my family, but instead, I had to hear that DeVanté was rushed to the hospital. I was gonna asked why no one called me, but then again, no one knew I was alive.

"I'll be over there as soon as possible." I slammed the phone on the hook before she got the chance to respond. Running up to our bedroom to get my keys, the carpet stains, and the horrible stench turned me away. It wasn't too bad from when I first walked in, but now I know the root of the smell. I'll clean when I get back home, in the meanwhile, I have to see my husband.

°

"Excuse me, can you tell me the room where Donald DeGrate is staying in?" I ran through the hospital doors and asked the desk clerk.

"You mean DeVanté Swing's fine ass? Unfortunately, I can't disclose that information, sorry. Plus, he got a girl." The woman rolled her eyes and smacked her almost stale bubble gum in her mouth.

"But here's the thing, I'm his wife." I exclaimed, showing her my wedding ring and a photo of us from my wallet. The woman looked in surprise at the picture, practically frozen.

"Oh, then uh." The woman scrambled to pick up her sheet of residing patients. She instantly found DeVanté's name and said, "Aha, here it is, room 454 on the west wing!" She shouted with a broad smile. I looked her up and down, but still thanked her for the help. It's a crazy coincidence that the same room he was staying in, was the name for the same interlude on 'The Show, The After-Party, The Hotel'. Creepy.

After frantically searching for his room and running up and down the hospital floors, I finally found the correct room. I burst into the room and saw everyone crowded around the hospital bed, there, DeVanté seemed dead. Almost completely motionless with an IV  drip needle in his arm. Thankfully, he was talking to Dalvin and Jojo about whatever the subject was. No one even noticed that I came in, no one besides Diane.

"Mommy!" Diane yelled, rushing towards me and getting everyone to look towards the door. Many people had confused looks, others rubbed their eyes to make sure that what they were seeing wasn't an illusion. 

"What happened? Why is everybody rushing towards the door?" DeVanté groaned, trying his best to see what was going on.

"Hey baby." I smiled and waved. DeVanté looked as if he saw a ghost, blinking multiple times to get assurance. I wanted to run to him and give him a hug, but he already beat me to it. DeVanté removed his IV needle and jumped out of the bed. He ran to me and picked me up with a twirl. DeVanté took a good look at me and  proceeded to give me kisses.