huit | eight

»Je ne peux pas te laisser tranquille, tu m'as feenin'«

»I can't leave you alone, you got me feenin'«

Back to present

"Excuse my language, Ms. Brown, but what in the hell? Now that's a unexpected plot twist." My therapist said.

"I know, I was shocked myself. Just imagine, me thinking my older brother was deceased when he disappeared after the death of our parents, then he shows up to my house after fifteen years? How he even found my address is a question I'll always have."

May 6, 1995

"You ain't gonna let me in, or...?" Rashad asked. I've been standing at the door for ten long minutes, staring at him, trying to find answers. How is he still alive? Where did he go? Why is he here?

"I'll just let myself in." He said and walked right around me. Still frozen, I confusingly closed the door and looked towards him once again. Now, Cynthia knew what was up, so she made the same facial expression as me. But DeVanté just stood there, awkwardly and confused to say the least. Minutes went by and no one said not one word, just pure silence. The silence was interrupted when the door bell suddenly rang.

"I swear, if fucking Snoop Doggy Dog is behind that door crip walking, I will lose my shit!" Cynthia screeched like she was having a serious panic attack. I opened the door, not knowing what to expect. The person who was there revealed to be...

"Hey y'all!" Rozonda, Lisa, and Tionne said while walking into the house with the twins' car seats and Diane following behind. "Hey." I said lowly.

"Why you sad? Did something happen aga-" Rozonda slowly looked to her left at Rashad. He waved at her while giving a low smile. "Who in the...?"

"That's, Rashad. Remember when I told you I had a brother, this is him." I explained to her gently. Somehow, she wasn't believing a word I said.