Chapter 22

Percy's POV

"Don't try to deny it, you just admitted to it there and then. I know you're in love with Nico now."

"I wouldn't have tried to deny it anyway. I told you for a reason, and that reason is so that I will always be torturing you. You know what you did to him, you know you broke his heart, you know you broke him, so this is where I leave you. You'll be back in the moon pool when you wake up. I'll see you in your nightmares, Perseus Jackson."

Like Eros said, I appear in the moon pool with the scars and injuries all over my body from the torture. If Nico brought me to the infirmary like he said he would, I wonder what he'd be thinking now. I probably just disappeared right in front of him. It's quite funny actually, you know, if I wasn't tortured.

Gods, I hate Eros so much. He's right, this will torture me. I know I was horrible to Nico, but we'd both gotten over it until now. I have guilt weighing over me heavier than the sky. It's going to crush me eventually, I know it.

I don't think I should tell Nico about Eros, it'll end up all going wrong. I'll tell him eventually, but probably once I tell him I'm a merman. Better to kill two birds with one stone right? It's like ripping a plaster off, do it quickly and you'll face the least pain.

At least I have the moon pool to calm me down. But that's not enough tonight, I need actual people. I need mom, and Paul, and even dad. I know he's a God, but sometimes I just need him to be a dad, to be there for me. For once in my life, I need him to just be there, without me having to save the world first. "Well, that's life being a demigod. How great."

"Oh, don't be such a pessimist Perce."

Great, I'm getting visits from so many Gods. First Apollo, then, "Hades. How's it going uncle?"

"I'm fine. What about you? I know about the torture, and I get why you want to keep it a secret from my son."

"Thanks, but how do you know?"

"Well, let's just say the news got to Aphrodite and about a minute later it reached me. That's just the gods for you. I'm not even on Olympus, yet I still get all the gossip. That's the only time they'll talk to me, but I guess it's better now. Poseidon will come down and visit me when he's not busy, I'll assume he does the same to you too?"

"Not really, but that's because of the ancient laws he has to follow. It doesn't bother me that much."

"I doubt that, and you didn't hear it from me, but he may or may not be planning a huge visit for about a week, where he acts like your father and does father-son things with you. I would try that with Nico, but he would try to send me to Tartarus. On second thought, I'm going to plan a father-son week for us as well. See you, and make sure to take a break from saving humanity for once in a while- I'm getting bored down in the Underworld. Our intake has almost halved since the wars."

"Ha ha. So funny." I wait for a while before asking, "Is dad really coming?"

"Yes, now don't tell him I told you. He'll get annoyed with me and stop our brotherly visits. I need to go now, so I'll see you soon. Maybe when your father is here."

Emma's POV

I'm about to swim into the moon pool when I see Percy already in there talking to a random guy who looks plain creepy and dark.

"Hades. How's it going uncle?" Percy says. Huh, that seems like a fitting name for him. Must be named after the God. He must be from Percy's dad's side of the family.

"I'm fine. What about you? I know about the torture, and I get why you want to keep it a secret from my son." Torture? As he says that, I notice the scars and wounds on Percy's body. Why was he tortured? No! Dr Denman must have found out about him and tortured him for information.