Epilogue pt 1

(Set 2 weeks after chapter 25)

Percy's POV

I wake up to someone poking me repeatedly. "What do you want?" I ask.

"Percy, it's me." I look up to see Nico di Angelo in front of me. So he was the one to wake me up, "Get dressed, now. Will needs you in the infirmary at camp. and before you ask, he didn't tell me much, only that it's about Annabeth."

Hearing Annabeth's name makes me bolt out of bed and get completely ready in record time.

"Gods, that was fast." Nico mutters under his breath, but I still hear.

"I know, I'm as swift as a coursing river. Now, let's go. I'll vapour travel us there."

Annabeth must be awake, or dead, for Will to call me there, but I'm staying positive. I know that she's going to be awake for me, and we can have an amazing reunion like we always do.

Will sees me and Nico appear in front of him and says, "Gods, that was fast." I only have one word to say to that- OTP.

"That's exactly what Nico said too! You two are the most adorable couple ever, well apart from Frazel." I say, "So, when do I get to see her?"

"See who?" Will asks.

"Annabeth, of course. She is awake, right? That must be why you called me here."

Will's usual happy expression drops. "I'm sorry Percy, but she hasn't woken yet. Which brings me to what I wanted to talk to you about. Annabeth is getting worse every day Percy. She looked promising for a couple of days, but that hope soon faded. More and more demigods are coming in with injuries, and we're running out of resources. Annabeth is one of our greatest heroes, so she has priority, but we may need to pull the plug. I need you to make this decision for me, which is why I brought you here. I couldn't make it without your approval."

"What is the decision, Will? What do you want me to decide?"

"We're going to need to pull the plug on Annabeth. We can keep trying with her, but she's highly unlikely to wake up, maybe ever, and my father thinks so too. But the final say is to you, we would never pull the plug unless you approve."

"I can't believe she won't make up. I don't want to give up on her, I can't give up on her." I say.

"If I could offer you some advice Percy?" Nico asks. I nod and signal for him to continue. "As long as Annabeth is in this coma, which will be a long time, both you and her are suffering, and you'll both suffer and be in pain forever if she doesn't wake up. But if you agree to pull the plug, she'll be able to be happy in Elysium, and you know she'll be at peace, so neither of you will be in pain any longer, and you have the most amazing group of people around you that you can depend on for support. I know you won't want to take advice about life and death from a son of Hades, but hear me out and think about what I said. No matter what you decide in the end, I'll always be here for you."

"Thanks Nico, I really appreciate that."

"I'll leave you with Will to make your decision then." Nico says and leaves, probably to his cabin.

"What do you say Percy? I can give you more time if you want?"

"For Annabeth, we need to pull the plug. It's the right thing to do, it would just be selfish of me to think otherwise. We'll both be happier this way, I'm sure of it."

"We're all always here for you, never forget that."

"I won't."

Sequel is out now