Alone Without You

"Uh, yeah, but it's really hard to think about you. Can't breathe, can't eat, can't sleep without you"- Feel by PHORA

...

It's just been two weeks since Carl died. I've been ignoring everyone, I needed to be alone. The thing is my thoughts were the deadliest things right now.

I stayed in bed, wearing one of his shirts, it still had his scent. I missed him so much, it hurt.

A soft knock dazed me back into reality, the door opened and it was Michonne.

"Hey (y/n), it's dinner time." she said giving me a small smile, "Let's go eat, okay?"

I nodded, "I'll try and eat something."

I went into the bathroom and splashed water on my face, my eyes were bloodshot red from crying all day.

I arrived at the dinner table and Rick cleared his throat, his eyes were red too.

"Sit down, (y/n)." said Rick looking at my shirt, "Is t-that Carl's?"

I looked down and tears formed in my eyes, "Yeah, I should go change, sorry."

"No, no. it's fine. Let's eat." replied Rick grabbing his fork.

I sat down and tried eating, turns out I wasn't hungry at all, I just played with my food. I excused myself and ran outside, I needed air. I walked towards where the church used to be, they were rebuilding it but I could still see Carl's body on the floor.

I sat down and touched the floor, here laid my poor baby.

"Carl, I miss you so much." I sobbed, letting the tears drop onto the ground, "How could I live without you?"

Someone cleared their throat and it was Daryl.

"Oh, s-sorry I thought I was alone."

"Nah keep going. I came here to I guess talk to him too," said Daryl sitting down next to me.

"I just miss him. He didn't deserve this."

Daryl hesitated but rubbed my back, "He didn't but it happened. He doesn't need to suffer anymore."

I nodded and gave him a weak smile, "I guess he doesn't."