I hope he knows

My heart raced as I held onto Carl's hand as we walked into the herd of walkers. We had disguised ourselves with blood so the walkers couldn't smell us.

We suddenly stopped as Sam dropped Rick's hand, he was panicking. Fuck if something happens we'll all die.

Jesse stopped, "Sam? Sam? Come on, come on. Sweetheart? Sam?"

"You can do it," whispered Rick

Sam's face dropped. We have to go. I squeezed Carl's hand, I'm scared. I turned to face him he gave me a nod.

A walker bit onto Sam's head, he started screaming which made Jesse scream.

I tried closing my eyes but this was happening.

We all let go of each other's hands, I stayed behind Rick while Carl stood in front of us. I heard a click and saw Ron pointing at us.

"C-carl turnaround."

He turned around and his eyes widened as he saw Ron.

"You." said Ron, "You."

"Ron, stop. Calm down. You're okay give me the gun."

Suddenly Michonne stabbed her sword into Ron's chest, but that caused Ron's reflexes to press the trigger.

I was in shock, who got shot? I quickly turned my head towards Carl. His eye got grazed and he was bleeding.

"Dad?" said Carl before fainting

I let out a scream and started sobbing, "No. No. Shit, we h-have to get him to Denise."

Rick gasped, "Carl." He picked him and started running.

Michonne started killing all the walkers that went in our way, I had to help her. I started shooting down some walkers, my eyes were watering at the thought of carl. He's been through a lot of shit and now this?

We ran into the infirmary, Denise opened the door.

"This is a gunshot?" asked Denise

I couldn't respond all I could do was replay that scene.

"Handgun. Close range," responded Michonne 

"P-please save him."

I felt Rosita grab me, she embraced me into a hug, I started sobbing. I gasped for air as more tears streamed down my face.

"I could've killed R-Ron. I didn't react fast."

"Ssh you didn't know what was going to happen. He's going to be fine," whispered Rosita

Suddenly Rick opened the door and headed into the chaos, he started killing the walkers. Everyone went outside to help him. If I was going to die it was going to be helping them. I ran behind them, I only had my knife so I started stabbing them in the head. It felt like I wasn't alive.

(time skip)

It was morning time, all the walkers were dead. Carl was stable and he was still asleep.

I brushed his long locks of hair out of his face, I loved him.

"I don't know if you can hear me but I need you to know that I love you so much, Carl. Please don't go yet, I need you."

I let tears fall once again down my face, he looked so peaceful. Right now he had no worries, he was in peace.

"He's going to survive (y/n). He's tough. He loves you too." said Rick as he sat down next to me.

"I just hope he knows that I do."