Chapter 10

For the rest of the day, you stayed at the Byers estate, talking between Joyce and Will.

"So, I've heard you're... special," Joyce says hesitantly, leaning forwards in her chair.

"I am, but that's a subject for another time. Mike just got here," you say as you stand from your seat.

"Mike?" Joyce questions as she, too, stands from her seat.

Before Mike even knocked on the door, you open the door for him. Joyce was slightly taken aback.

"So this is where you were," Mike says with a nod as you let him in.

"Sure was, and I got some info about the shadow monster," you say as you turn around. You see Joyce with a raised brow.

"He knows about the shadow monster," you say as Mike looks around.

"What...happened?" Mike questions as he look at the papers that littered the Byers' household.
<<<•••>>>

After getting Mike caught up on everything, you had both decided to talk to Will

You sat next to Will in his room as he begins to try and explain..

"It's... it's like I feel what the shadow monster feels," Will stutters, trying to put it into words.

"Now you know what it feels like," you say with a small chuckle.

Will looks at you with a smile while Mike gives you a look. Your small smile went back into a scowl.

"I see what he sees," Will finishes, as he looks back down to the ground.

"Like in the Upside Down?" Mike asks as he walks around Wills room, inspecting things.

Will nods, "Part of him is there."

"Where's the other part?" You ask as you look at him.

"Here," Will says quietly. You give Mike a shocked look, then it went back to a normal face.

"Makes sense," you say and look down.

"Wait, like here in this house?" Mike asks suspiciously, glancing around him.

"In this house and... in me," Will says hesitantly. You glance at Mike, he nods at you, allowing you to do your thing.

"It's okay Will, we'll figure it out," you say as you hold Wills hand from the top.

He sits there for a moment with a smile, but then realizes what your doing. He pulls his hand away.

"What's wrong?" You asks, taken back a bit.

Will pauses, "Nothing..."

It was true though, you were trying to feel what he was feeling. You were using your powers on him. At least you were.

"It's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more. The more he spreads the more connected to him I get. And the more now-memories I get. At first I felt them at the back of my head. I didn't even notice it at first. It's like when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. It was like that. But now, I see it all the time," Will says and pauses.

Mike sat next to you on the bed. You leaned on his shoulder, thinking. Will stiffens a bit at your motion.

"Well, I guess that could be good," Mike says, placing his chin in the palm of his hand.

"Good?!" Will yells, absolutely confused.

"Well, think of it as you are a spy. A super spy, spying on the shadow monster. If you know what he's seeing and feeling, like Y/n's powers, maybe that's how we can stop him. Maybe all of this is happening for a reason," Mike says as he looks around the room.