Chapter 14

They sat there in the bus, waiting for the plan to work. They are so close to catching him.

Who? Dart.

He ate Dustin's cat and ran away. Now they waited for him. Dustin and Steve Harrington made a trail of cow meat to your hideout, the abandoned junkyard.

Lucas and Max are in top of the abandoned bus, surrounded by tires to keep them safe.

You could feel anger radiating off of Dustin.

Lucas told Max everything. About Will, about Eleven, about you. While Dustin paced, the screeches of Dart were heard.

"Holy shit," Dustin mutters as he and Steve look out the window.

"Lucas! You got eyes?" Dustin yells to Lucas.

"Hold on!" Lucas yells back. Lucas looked through his binoculars, trying to find Dart.

He finally found him, and he was a hell of a lot bigger than he used to be. You continued watching through Dustins perspective.

"I got eyes! 10 o'clock!!" Lucas yells from the top of the bus. Dustin and Steve finally see how big he is.

"What's he doing?" Dustin asks.

"I don't know," Steve replies. Dart was just standing there.

"He's not taking the bait. Why isn't he taking the bait?" Steve asks.

"Maybe he's not hungry," Dustin says.

"Maybe he got tired of cow," Steve says while grabbing a bat, filled with nails.

"Be ready," Steve says as he tosses a lighter to Dustin.

You switched to Steve perspective and watched as he stepped out of the heavily protected bus. He starts whistling.

"Come on buddy," Steve calls out.

"Human tastes better than cat. I promise," Steve says. When Dart finally comes into view, due to the fog, Steve gets ready.

"STEVE!! 3 o'clock 3 o'clock!!" Lucas yells, his voice cracking is desperation. Steve turns his head and sees two more demodogs.

"Steve!! Abort abort!" Dustin calls out as he opens the bus door. Suddenly Dart takes off towards Steve.

Steve dodges and rolls onto the hood of an old car. He turns around and swings his bat, defending himself against another dog like creature.

"Steve run!!" Max and Dustin yelled. Steve ran as fast as he could back into the bus.

"Close the door!" Steve says as soon as he gets in. Lucas climbs down the ladder and does his best to try and cover the bus door with an extra piece of metal.

"Shit!" Dustin says as he puts his foot against the door.

Suddenly, an arm breaks through the metal. Max screams as her, Lucas and Dustin run toward the back of the bus.

"Will? Mike?! Y/n?! ANYONE!! We're about to die, DIE!" Dustin screams into his walkie talkie.

"We're at the old junkyard and we are going to die!!" Dustin yells through his walkie talkie once more.

Max screams again when another demodog tried to break through.

Then everything went silent.

Loud footsteps were heard on the top of the bus. A demodog looked Down the hatch of the bus with its mouth open. Max scream as Steve pushes her back.

"You want a piece of this?!" Steve yells as he puts his bat up, ready to swing.

Then, suddenly, they all went away.