Chapter Nineteen

"If forever does exist please let it be you".

~A.R. Asher

Hunter 

"I swear to God Hunter if he doesn't show up," Calla was muttering.

"He said he's coming, so he is. He probably got held up by his parents," I assured her and ran my fingers through Philip's short hair.

"He better hurry, because I really want to see the guy that's kept you celibate," Noah noted, agreeing with Calla. Next to him, Lucy, gave a small snort, laughing with her boyfriend's comment.

"Celibate?" Fabian asked, his English a little bit rough. Calla explained it to him in German, confusing me by the second word that seemed to fall off her lips. He had brownish hair and green-blue eyes, matching Calla's and he was about the same height as her. Lucy had blonde waist-length, wavy hair and amber eyes, contrasting Noah's African origin.

Just as Calla finished speaking, I heard the doorbell ring. Both Calla and Noah sat up but I shook my head.

"You wait here. I'll bring him. And promise me you won't freak him out," I told them and, after they both nodded, I walked down the hallway. Here goes nothing. I opened the door and gave Alex a kiss on the lips.

"Hey," he whispered as I pulled back.

"Come on," I replied and watched as he reached down and pulled Philip to his arms.

"Who's a cute little puppy, huh?" he asked in his baby voice. Setting Philip back down he reached for my hand and after taking a deep breath he let me guide him to the living room. "Let's do this," he whispered and we both walked in.

They were all laughing together about something when Alex and I got in and slowly the laughter died down. Noah seemed surprised but composed, while Calla was left with her jaw hanging.

"No way," she said out of breath.

"Hey, how's it going?" Noah called, sitting back and smiling at Alex. Kinda figured Calla would react worse.

"Fine, how about you? Hunt told me this is your first time meeting," Alex replied nodding towards Lucy, with a warm smile. Tugging him along, we sat down between my two friends, Calla still trying to process it all.

"Yeah, this is our first time meeting but it sure doesn't feel like it. My name's Lucy," Lucy replied, her Australian accent pronounced. Noah smiled up at her and she snuggled closer to him.

"I'm Alex".

"I'm sorry I punched you," Calla exclaimed, snapping out of it, and saying the first thing that came to her mind. We all looked at her confused. "Back at that softball match. I never apologized. I was aiming for Matt," she added.

"Yeah, I kinda got that," Alex replied. Noah shook his head and Fabian couldn't help but stiffen a laugh at his girlfriend's reaction.

"I'm Fabian," he introduced himself, extending his hand.

"Damn, we would have never guessed Alex," he said, laughing by himself. I turned to smile at him.

"Guessed?" Alex repeated with a frown, after shaking hands with Fabian.

"After I told them I found my soulmate and that he was from our school, they tried guessing," I explained.

"Really?! Who was your first guess?" Alex asked, glancing at both of my friends.

"Jamie," both Noah and Calla said.

"I would have guessed him too!" Alex yelled, agreeing with my friends and smiling down at me, as I had slumped down.