Chapter Thirty

"I fell in love with you because you loved me when I couldn't love myself".

~Anonymous

Alex

I arrived at Don's place still upset about how I left things with Hunter. He hadn't replied to anything I had told him through our bond, clearly still being angry at me. And I got it. I understood why he was pissed. Even though he kept on telling me that he didn't care who my friends were. Even though he kept on telling me that he was happy that I was spending time with my friends. Those friends were the ones that kept on calling him names and bringing him down almost every day of the week.

I had thought about cutting myself off of them. Part of me wanted to do it -needed to- but I had endless memories with them. And at the end of the day, for as long as we have known each other, they have supported my dreams and ambitions. They had always been there for me and they always listened and tried to help me solve my problems. Just this once I wasn't positive whether they would support me. Whether they would be there for me. Because whether they liked it or not, Hunter was now part of my dreams. He was a huge fucking part of them.

"Yo, are you alright?" Matt asked me as he came to sit down next to me. I nodded and took a long sip of my beer, finishing it in the process. I really didn't want to deal with him right now.

"Yeah, just thinking," I said. Without blinking, Matt offered me a half-burnt joint. I eyed it for a moment.

Don't forget that they might not be your friends once they find out about us. Remembering Hunter's last words before he left, I grabbed the joint and inhaled. I had promised to both myself and Hunter that I wouldn't smoke at all ever again. But hell, I had already broken more promises than I could count tonight. What was one more worth?

In the next few hours, I broke that promise more times than I could count, even when I was sober. The constant chugging of beer didn't help my case either. Everything started turning hazy. I was sitting on the couch, but every motion around me had turned into a soup of limbs and colors.

I didn't fight back when someone reached out and pulled me up. I didn't pull away as they dragged me to the dance floor. Being weak enough, they had to put my hands on their waist. Hunter.

My eyes couldn't focus, but I needed it to be him. I started moving to the rhythm of the music and the figure before me followed me. Hunter. Our bodies collided and fire raptured in my chest. Hunter. Our lips met with fury. I opened my eyes, surprised that he had kissed me here, but I saw black hair. This wasn't Hunter. The kiss grew deeper. No, this was my Hunter. My eyes had to be playing tricks with me. This had to be him. It had to be him.

Pulling back Hunter started dragging me again. I didn't stop him. I followed his lead and we ended up in a quieter room. It was light-dimmed, but I was sure I could make out a bed in it. Without hesitation, he pulled off my shirt.

"You're so hot," a deep voice called. A giggle followed –that isn't Hunt's giggle-. Lips found my sternum and they moved downwards. My belt was unbuckled, my jeans undone. A hot mouth found my erection and I groaned.

"Hun..." I couldn't finish, calling out his name.

My eyes closed, my hands moved and they got tangled in long hair. Feelings started to overwhelm me as the hot mouth worked on my member.

"Fuck, you're so easy to please," the deep voice said, sending a shiver down my spine.

"I was scared you wouldn't come to the party," another voice said and something in me snapped.