Chapter Twenty-six

"Making memories with you is my favorite thing to do".

~Jordy Daniels

Alex

We ended up planning that dinner date for the first day of March. Amongst a few other surprises, I had one which I knew would actually throw Hunter off. I had been thinking about it ever since Aunt Claire had found out about me being bisexual. So I gathered all my courage the day of the date and just when school finished I approached Donovan.

"Hey, do you have anything to do right now?" I asked him, my nerves hitting the roof. He frowned and then shook his head.

"Not really. Beth has softball practice so I'm free for the next two hours or so," he replied. We started heading toward our cars and I stopped before his. "Is something up?" he asked me, also stopping.

"Well, I've been meaning to tell you something... you see," I started and bit my lower lip, "there's this thing that I figured out a few months ago. And I have been keeping it to myself, because I wanted to completely understand it, but also I feared how you'd react".

"Dude, spit it out. You're freaking me out," he told me, snorting. I lowered my gaze and took a deep breath.

"I'm bisexual".

Time seemed to freeze, and alongside it I did. I could hear my heart pounding in my chest and my skin was crawling as if I was about to start shaking. Don looked at me, his expression not giving me a single hint as to what was going through his mind.

"You're bisexual," he finally repeated, nothing significant in his voice. "So, you also like guys?" he asked, licking his lips as he still processed the news. I nodded, not trusting my own voice. "When did you realize this?"

"Mid-October," I whispered.

"And you were too scared to tell me?" Once again I just nodded. "Why?" One of my eyebrows shot up and a scoff almost left my lips.

"You don't strike me like you're supportive about it," I muttered with a shrug.

"Are you talking about that gay guy? Hunter?" I said nothing, only stared at him. "Come on, Alex. That guy... he's a stranger. You're my best friend. I wouldn't judge you. Besides, he keeps shoving it in our faces".

"The fact that he's gay? When exactly?" I detected the snappiness in my own voice and tried to calm myself. I wasn't planning on starting a fight. He moved his eyes around as he tried to remember.

"At Calla's party for example. He was practically dry-humping that other guy right there on the dance floor".

That's not how I remember it. I blinked at him not surprised at his hypocrisy.

"Don't you do the same thing with Beth, though? At every party," I noted.

"Yeah, but we're normal". Immediately, he bit his lip as I flinched. "Forget I said that. Sometimes, my brain doesn't work". He paused for a second and ran his fingers over the black paint of his car. "Is there someone you like?" he asked me, finally. I looked at him with one raised eyebrow.

"Um, yeah, there's this one guy..." I searched for his eyes and was relieved when he urged me to go on. I wasn't planning on telling him about Hunter being my soulmate, not yet anyway, so I improvised a bit. "I've known him for a while now and we go along great, but I don't really know how he feels about me".

"You'd be surprised," he muttered and clasped me by the shoulders. "You're Alexander Richardson. Just fucking go for it".

"You think so?"