Chapter Thirty-two

A/N: AGAIN I'M SORRY.

"And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you".

~ The Chaos Of Stars

Alex

As soon as I got back to my place I took a shower. On my way here I had been thinking about how I would deal with Chris. I took it for granted that Anna had broken up with him, and even though I hoped she hadn't told him I told her the truth, I wasn't sure of that. Just in case, I braced myself for an evening of fighting with him. Maybe my parents would finally take my side. Maybe they would scold him or not try to excuse him for being the cheating liar that he was.

The green of my hair had almost completely faded out and at this point, I was contemplating cutting it off. I could change it up and only do the tips a different color. But I could also leave it brown for a while.

As I waited for them to come I went and uploaded a prerecorded video I had, from a song I had recorded during winter break. My channel had grown a bit -now reaching almost four hundred thousand subscribers. It had grown so much in the past five months, mostly because I uploaded more and more videos. I used to upload two or three videos a month. Now I uploaded at least four times a month. I had also done almost all the songs that Hunter had given me for my birthday.

With water dripping from my hair from my shower, I started going through the comments on my videos. A lot of people seemed to like my voice and style of singing, which was more than satisfying. Of course, there were some people objecting to the way I looked or to the songs I picked to cover. And of course, there were some people who thought that calling me annoying or gay...

Hold up. People called me gay? I clicked on the show more on one particular comment from one of my videos and started reading. Some guy seemed to detect my sexuality from the fact that I sang a song written and sang by a woman. They had also said that my colored hair and piercings were gay. I rolled my eyes and went on to read some other comments.

Seriously what was wrong with people? Honestly, I didn't care that he thought I was gay but why assume? What did he gain? Would he win an award? Would he be praised? Oh wow, congratulations on winning the I-guessed-that-guy-was-LGBT award. What did he gain from using gay as an insult?

Still reading comments, I heard footsteps by the front door. I closed the YouTube tab and grabbing my phone I went to greet my family. Better to be over with it immediately.

"Alexander, how was your day?" my mother asked me as soon as she entered.

"Oh, you know, nothing interesting. Slept in," I told her and went to the kitchen to fix up some coffee. "How was the christening?" I asked them.

"Fine. A little bit tiring," my father replied, sitting down on the couch and undoing his tie.

"Chris had a fight with Anna," my mother muttered to me, as she came to put cups on a tray, while I made the coffee.

"Oh?" I said innocently.

"Yeah, she heard from someone that he cheated on her and then didn't believe him when he swore to her he didn't..." my mother went on, shaking her head. "Girls these days, not appreciating a nice guy when they have one," she added, making me look at her with a frown.

Chris hadn't owned up to it?

"Nice guy?" I scoffed before I could help myself. My mother huffed.

"Be nice to your brother, he's really upset," she told me with a sweet smile. I nodded along, trying hard not to roll my eyes. Why had I thought they wouldn't take his side? Chris, the golden boy, couldn't do anything wrong.