[3]

A/N: SURPRISE! I decided to upload a chapter lol! I hope you enjoy! 🖤

- - -

Laila's POV

I don't look him in the eyes, and nervously tug on my hijab, pretending it can make me invisible.

"Laila." He says my name, not as if he's trying to grasp the name, but trying to make a mark on it.

Thankfully, Dr. Roberts begins to speak again, "Laila is such a wonderful person. She's going to join us for work as a professional practitioner soon. Her Masters thesis is due in a few days!" Dr. Roberts sounds more excited about my degree than I do.

"That is wonderful news." Mr. Romano says without taking his eyes off of me.

Maryam notices my discomfort and quickly becomes my saviour. "Oh no! Laila, I completely forgot to organize the files for my next patient. Could I borrow you for 10 minutes?"

I nod, "Excuse us, Dr. Roberts and Mr. Romano."

Dr. Roberts motions us to take a leave, "No worries! My next appointment isn't until 15 minutes from now. I can handle the front desk."

I smile at him, "Thank you so much."

Maryam sweeps me away to her office.

• • •

Alexander's POV

I can tell I've instantly made her uncomfortable. It's refreshing to see someone who knows authority when they see one.

She doesn't bother argue with me about the appointment error, even though there is none. Her methods of handling situations is compliant.

When she speaks, she sounds like a little mouse, her voice quiet and submissive. Yet she holds honour and dignity in her way of speaking.

I've noticed her staring at me long enough for me to catch her small glances my way, trying to decipher me from my physical characteristics. Little does she know that one look at me cannot possibly unravel anything about me. I'm not a book that can be read, I'm more of a safe-box. You're going to have to find the code to reveal any part of me, kitten.

I look at her intently, taking in every attribute I possibly can within this short span of time. She manages to look absolutely gorgeous without revealing anything about her physical appearance. Almost every part of her body is covered. Her hair is wrapped in a black scarf that covers up to her chest. She's wearing a white shirt topped with a long, black blazer and slim palazzo pants. I can tell that she's not a big fan of heels as she opted to wear black flats.

Her smile is of innocence and untroubled, the type of smile that shows she's happy and content with her life. Her smile reaches her eyes, making them twinkle, enhancing the delightful features of her face.

I couldn't deny myself this any longer. She's going to be my next pet, the toy that only I get to play with. The moment I saw her innocent appearance, I knew she's never been touched. That excites me to my core. I want her, I want her to be mine and mine only.

I'm going to get her, I'm going to break her, crush into too many pieces to count. I'll shatter her and reconstruct her to be known as no one but my little pet. I'll do everything in my power to have her because she's my little kitten.