[27]

A/N: IM BACK! Did you guys miss me? 🤪🤪🤪

- - -

Laila's POV

I would rather be using this flight's wifi to watch Netflix or something, but here I am, doing work.

I receive an email from Olivia that one of the documents needs to sent back in 5 minutes. I can't delay going to him any longer.

"Oh shoot." I turn off my phone and quickly walk towards Dr. Romano's room.

I completely forgot to knock because I was in such a rush. I barge through the door. "Dr. Romano! Dr. Miller needs..." I couldn't finish my sentence. It was as if someone stuck a thorn in my throat.

"Just like that... oh, that feels so good—Oh my God, Ms. Laila..." Kristen quickly pulls up the bed blanket to cover herself.

"You could have knocked." Dr. Romano sighs as he slides off of Kristen and puts on his robe.

I can feel my insides shredding up in painful ways. I take a deep breath and clench my teeth, trying to hold back every bit of pain that's about to blow through.

"I-I'm sorry. If you could sign these, I have to send them back..." I couldn't speak. My breathing quickens as it was almost as if an anxiety attack is about kick in.

He signs the papers. "Is that all? Oh, and don't call Kristen, she's a bit occupied."

It feels like someone ripped my heart out of my chest with their bare hand. All I want to do was scream in his face, I want to ask him why would he do this to me. Why would he touch me like he does, talk to me like he does, yet treat me like this?

But I don't say anything, I just nod and walk away, closing the door behind me.

I send the pictures of the documents to Olivia and rush the bathroom.

The second I close the bathroom door, I drop to the floor and I burst into tears. I cry as loud and as hard as I need to in order to empty out these miserable and bitter emotions.

The sounds of my cry are as if there is an immense amount of raw pain inside of me to stay contained. My soul feels as if it needs to break free from my body to ease the pain.

I'm loosing my mind, he's making me insane. Every happy memory that he created for me is now all scattered, in broken pieces.

My head throbbing as if someone is drilling my skull from the back. My eyes couldn't grasp anything because of my unstoppable tears.

It didn't hurt when I caught him with Olivia because back then, it was just a harmless crush. But this time, it's different. This time, it felt like someone squeezing the life out of my heart until I couldn't breathe.

He kissed me, he used those same lips he's using on other woman to kiss me. I was so stupid, I was so freaking stupid.

I begin to rub my mouth with my scarf as if scrubbing my lips will wash off the taste of him, rub off the sin I committed for someone like him. I keep scrubbing until they sting, until I couldn't feel my lips anymore, I scrubbed so hard that the stinging numbed. I look at my hands to see spots of blood, I guess I wiped too hard without noticing.

Is this what heartbreak feels like? Cold, lonely, and achingly cruel? It feels something is hardening in my chest, making every breath painful. This heartache is almost unexpected, somehow I knew this was coming but I never saw it coming. He made me feel like I was on top of the world one minute and made me feel like actual death the next.