[29]

A/N: last update for the week! See you guys next Friday! Insh'Allah!

- - -

Laila's POV

I look up at him, searching his eyes for any sign of sympathy. "Promise me you won't hurt anyone else, please."

"My word stands as long as you keep your end of the agreement. Do not disobey me like you have in the past."

"There's one more thing I'd like you to hear me out about." I sigh. "I have... feelings for you. I don't know when, why, or how it happened considering everything. I'm not asking you reciprocate the feeling during this... marriage. I'm not asking for much, just a little respect in return for my feelings. I didn't plan to fall for you, I didn't plan any of this but it happened and all I ask for is just a tiny bit of respect." I end my needs for this arrangement there.

I ask for nothing more as there's nothing more important to me than my family and friends' happiness and just some respect from my future-spouse.

He lets go of my wrists, which is stinging slightly from his hard grip. He unexpectedly pulls me into his chest and rests his chin on top of my head. "If you listen to me, Kitten, there will be no inconvenience in this arrangement. You will live a life of comfort and luxury. But only if you obey me."

I don't need comfort and luxury, I need love and warmth in a relationship. Like the warmth I feel when I'm wrapped around against him, like the warmth I feel when he's being a decent human being.

"I'll do it. I'll marry you." I whisper into his chest.

I've not only sold my soul to the Devil but I also signed my life away.

"Good choice, Kitten. Our wedding will be held next week." Sophie will be our wedding planner, you will go to her for all things to do with the dress, catering, and decorations. There's no budget so do not worry about the money." When he lets me go, a cold breeze makes me shiver. He sits back down on the couch to return his attention to his work.

This is how my life will be from now on, cold and lonely.

• • •

"Should we begin shopping? Next week is very quick and not enough time for wedding shopping. I recommended to Mr. Romano to at least extend it to two weeks but I guess he's eager to marry you." Sophie smiles as she searches her purse for her car keys.

"Guess who!" I hear Maryam's voice from somewhere. I turn around to look for her and I see her at the entrance.

"Maryam!" I run towards her and give her a big hug.

"You really thought you were going to go shopping without me? Sophie called me to join!" She says excitedly.

At least I can try to enjoy everything leading up to the wedding.

"Sophie, so we don't only have a wedding. We have a few different events leading to the wedding and next week makes this very tight so..." Maryam begins to say.

"Don't worry, Dr. Ali. I have researched everything and even wrote notes on it. I'll get all the decorations and photographers approved by you two. Dresses for each event is up to you fully." She says.

"Sophie is the super-assistant!" Maryam compliments Sophie, making Sophie smile pridefully. "And please, call me Maryam!"

Sophie nods.

"So, what's the budget?" Maryam asks.

"There's no budget. Money will not be an issue. Sir wants the best for his bride and her family, that includes you, Maryam." Sophie answers.

Maryam's jaw drops open. "No. freaking. way! This is amazing! My brother-in-law is a whole steal!"

"Haha... I wish someone else would steal him..." I crack a joke when deep down inside, I might actually mean it.

"Astagfirullah (I seek forgiveness from Allah), don't say such a thing!" Maryam lightly slaps my arm. "I can't believe you're getting married. He's so lucky to be marrying someone like you. I have to live alone from now on..." Maryam looks like she's about to cry.

"Hey! Don't cry! You're going to make me cry! You can move in with me!" I say.

Then she starts laughing. "Yeah, right. Let me just move in with a brand new couple to be the third wheel."

"I agree. Maybe that is not the best idea." Sophie says.

"Shall we go and shop for the biggest event of you life?" Maryam says.

"You don't have to be so dramatic." I whine.

• • •

Within three days, Sophie and Maryam managed to find a location for all the events, find catering, decorators, and stores where I can choose my potential dresses.

Sophie found a large hall for the engagement party. She found a small, more intimate hall for the dholki* and henna event. And the location for the engagement event will be used for the wedding and the walima*.

"Sophie... Maryam... you two look a little, um, tired?" I say.

They very tired. They look like they haven't slept in days.

"Of course, we didn't get any sleep! We're trying to perfect everything!" Maryam's voice sounds a little strained.

"Ms. Khan, we just want you to relax and choose. We do not want you stressing at all." Sophie says more calmly.

Little do they know I'm going to blow up from all the stress and anxiety being bottled up in me.

"You two need to sleep. I won't get married if I don't see you two take a three hour nap, now." I say. I can't have them becoming so exhausted because of me. They need a break.

"Ms. Khan, we—" Sophie starts but I interrupt her.

"Nope, I don't want to hear anything. Pick a room and just sleep it off!" I point up the stairs of my house.

Maryam leans over to Sophie. "She already sounds like the demanding Dr. Romano, doesn't she?"

Which only makes Sophie laugh.

"Hey! I'm saying this for your own good." I pout.

They both agree. Before Sophie leaves, she gives me a magazine with dresses for brides. All the dresses are categorized by event: engagement, henna, wedding, reception.

"I recommend looking through this because we need dresses in 48 hours." She winks and leaves to go upstairs for her forced nap.

48 hours... in 48 hours it starts and ends for me. I sigh and start looking through the magazine and put a sticky note for outfits for each event that I found that appeals to the whole theme of the wedding.

- - -

- Dholki: it's basically like a bachelorette party, if anyone can explain it better, please do.
- Walima: reception after the wedding.

A/N: sorry for the hella short chapter! I just wanted to get the wedding planning out of the way lol!

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!