Peyton

Not even the little bit a least taken back by the familiar green eyed freckles face blonde standing in front of me with her dazzling smile I carried on tutoring her the small basics to math. 16 was probably the most reasonable age I could protest against such youthful appearance and non-maturity to my response. She was a beauty but clearly a little too young for me. "Do you understand?" I ask her trying to keep her on track from my face & clearly my chest. "Y-Yeah I get it" She stutters.
"Are you sure?—because I can go over the problem" I explain to her hoping to give her a hint that I knew she wasn't paying attention. "Maybe just one more time" She agrees to my response to give her one more try. Leaving her home and getting into my truck she leans against the door frame with her arms crossed in a smile as always. Backing out I head to my apartment letting myself inside and throwing my keys on my counter. Rampaging through my mail hoping to find something amusing but.. still nothing. Laying down the un-useful mail I get ready for my soothing bath.

Bare and wet I dry off and get dressed. Pushing my strands behind my ears I pick up all the homework I had to complete which only took me under 2 hours to finish. Finally done I throw it down on my desk. Pulling out my phone from boredom already I run through my contacts. Taking one deep breath I lay back against my pillow falling asleep a few minutes later with my phone laid up against my chest.

Waking up hours later blinking in a darkened room I sit up fixing my stacked homework that I threw on my desk earlier. Getting a immediate call from an unknown number I answer "Peyton Eathal's speaking who's this?".
"Your damn boss are you coming into work?". Crossing my arms at his bossy irritating tone I don't answer leaving him to guess if I was still on the phone. "Hello are you still there?" He ask for the Third time. If this was me I would've hung up on the first Hello are you still there. "I'm still here Jack" I said just about as irritated as he was. "Are you coming in tonight?" He questions me once again. Rolling my eyes I tilt my head to the side "When have I ever not made it to one of your mandatory events?" I ask him now questioning why he ever called as if I ever missed a day. Even when I wanted to because he was a snobby boss. "Never but still I had to call & make sure" He corrects himself still with the most annoying tone. "Well can you check in less.. like when I don't make it on time" I snark back smartly.
"Right.. anyways I guess I'll see you around 8".
"Yes you will" I said hoping he would just let me go so I can get back to what I thought I was going to be doing. Which was wondering if any block party's were being held on my block tonight. Disconnecting the call I thank the universe before grabbing my coat heading out.

Looks like today was one of those lucky days. A day my life decided to give me a rest for once. Walking into the already packed half drunk crowd I stumble through to the punch area. The punch area was always the best. Why? Because I could scope out everyone as if I were an owl taking down details. Taking a sip from the okay punch I watch as students danced to pop music being played on a stereo. 2 women stood out to me dancing on each other happily bringing noticed attention to other guys that were scoping them out also. Laughing and giggling against each other I could tell they were way past tipsy. 2 dudes approached getting the hard boot walking away with true rejection written all over their faces. Taking my always successful chance I walk over. Approaching them both I smile "Looks like you two are having fun at this very over crowded party". Giving me the sudden eye she smiles up at me "Never seen you around here before! What's your name?" The brown haired, fair skinned girl ask as she danced on her black haired, perfect tan skinned friend. "Peyton Eathal—
"Ahhh.. the famous woman pleaser well I'm Claire and this here is Rebecca" The brown haired one said while introducing her friend.
"Well it's nice to meet you Claire and Rebecca" I welcome them both. "So.. what are you doing here at this packed ass block party & not somewhere banging a chick" Claire speaks. Spreading a smile with my tongue accessing my lips right after I explain "Well I thought coming to a block party could keep my mind off someone & I don't bang chicks".
"Your Girlfriend's stressing you out?" She ask smartly slowing her dancing against the other girl who was also very in tuned into our conversation. "Actually no just someone I met not too long ago" I said. Meeting my gaze now with an apologetic look She ask "Want to go somewhere else private?" She offers.
"Sure why not" I agree following her lead.