Aliyah

Groaning as I roll over from complete relief against the softest bed possible fluttering my eyes open. Facing the blazing sunlight really hit me as I tried to block it out from scorching my face. "Good morning sunshine" Peyton lingers over in a corner laid up against a blue chair drinking a cup of coffee. "What time is it?" I ask her worried realizing I had a meeting today around 3. "Half a quarter until 3 do you have somewhere else to be?" She ask me focusing on my face. I could've sworn my face almost fell to the floor when I finally confirmed I only had 30 minutes to make it to a meeting I had scheduled with the other professors. "Actually I have a meeting in 20 minutes" I tell her jumping straight out of her bed searching for my clothes. Handing me a spare pair of panties that I obviously didn't wear to her house I slip them on. Alongside my clothes I ask "Do you think you can give me a ride?" Realizing I didn't have my car with me. I left it at the school? What was I really thinking? I ask myself. Mixed emotions flooded through me because.. I had such a good time. She was the best I'd ever had ever.. but I knew I couldn't do this again. Especially since now I left my car at the school. What if someone sees me get out of her car? Who doesn't know the car of the girl that makes woman dreams come true. "Yeah I'll give you a ride" She accepts. Grabbing my heels I thank her putting them on before swinging my coat back onto my shoulders.

Wet sat in silence through the whole car ride back to campus. I don't know if it was because of my awkward nervous presence or maybe it was because.. Maybe she was mad I was deciding to leave so quickly. As if what she gave me was nothing. Parking in a empty space I look over her way questioning her silent treatment. "Are you angry with me?" I question her. Laying her head back against the drivers seat She nods "What reason would I have to be mad with you?". Sighing I say "I don't know you're just a little quiet after we left your home". She smiles "I could say the same for you" She claims. Now breaking a smile across my face I nod my head in disbelief at our similar acts & thoughts on each other. "Don't you have a meeting to get to?" She ask me. "Is that an excuse to get me out of your car faster?" I ask questioning her quick motives to kick me out. She chuckles "Or you can stay inside and we could listen to the talk radio station while eating some left over snacks I have in the back of my seat" She mentions. "Wow seems you have my plan of decisive failure all planned out" I say. Smirking into a smile she rest her head against her palm focusing on me "Who said I want you to fail? When you look so much fucking hotter succeeding" She claims. "Are you flirting with me?" I ask her flattered that if she was. "Define Flirting" She questions me. "Define your way of flirting if you accuse what you just did wasn't flirting" I claim. Opening her mouth to a shocking smile she chuckles "Get out my car Ms. Ford before I turn the engine back on and drive out this parking lot back to my place" She reminds me that clearly I was still sitting in her jeep. "Too bad I left my car here now I won't have to depend on your services" I explain. Watching me get out she holds her smile before winking. Taking one deep breath facing the school doors gives me confidence & Reassurance that I was going to do just fine if I kept my cool just this one time.

The meeting was just as packed as I thought it would be. Teachers sat around the table socializing commonly with other co-workers about their day today. As soon as I sat down the chatters subsided before their eyes fell on me. The pressure of anxiety took over in that moment which left me suffocating against everyone stares. "How was your day today Aliyah?" John one of the male professors for the freshmen class ask me. "It was just fine today.. had to cancel my last few classes because of a family matter that came up suddenly" I mention just in case someone saw me leave the campus unexpectedly. "Oh really.. well I hope everything is fine with your family" He empathized. "Everything is grand just a little hiccup at home" I carry on making the lie just as believable if it was true. "That's great me and the other co-workers were just explaining some techniques on how we could make the seniors & juniors years just a bit better" He explains. "The only ideas we came up with were a few school held events here before they head off into the real world" Jane the Freshmen English teacher claims. "Well.. they're not high school students so a little party here would be a little low for me unless they were invited to a concert of their favorite artist. As for my ideas I would say maybe more outside events like Volunteer programs or even trips to different states or countries just so they can have the worldwide experience on life" I say. "You think we should let the collage students go out of the state when they barely know how to handle this one?" One of the other female teachers proclaim. "Honestly it doesn't really matter if they don't know how to handle this one because.. the world is already too fucked up to understand I say we should just throw them on the damn bus while it's still moving before it comes to a complete stop to their final dream on life" I explain. "I think this is a courageous idea, more thrilling.. I mean these students might be our little kids but they're just as grown as us" Another female teachers agrees. "I couldn't agree more to the idea.. I think it would really set a path for my students if we could really go out and explore life itself... it might even open our minds" Another female mentions. "Does everyone agree on this idea?" The head of the dean ask. Nodding their heads Yes leaves a smile on my face finally to speak my mind. After 7 whole years of teaching I'd never done such a thing. What made me do it now? Maybe it was Peyton. Even if it was.. I guess she must've brought the charm out of me.