Aliyah

I miss her.. What am I doing here? I asked myself as I sat in front of the classroom dreaming about Peyton. You're probably wondering... Isn't she in the classroom? Well.. She hasn't been here for the past 4 days... Why? 5 days ago me and Peyton lay comfortably in my king sized bed cracking jokes and playing cards. Little did I know that she would receive a call from her parents. As for sure we know that neither one of us have brought the sore subject "Parents" up for either of us because we were nothing more than "fuck buddies". If I had known what I know now then I would've reconsidered coming to class today. The information just hit me a few minutes ago leaving me in nothing but complete shock and sadness. It was Wednesday afternoon as usual Peyton came over to my home to stay on the safe side. My home was a bit far from the school.. which kept us from prying eyes and unwanted guest showing up at either of our homes from school. I'm sure we both wanted to keep what we had a secret for as long as we could. I don't think neither of us wanted to get caught especially not at a time like this one. Just one hand down from wining fish bowl her phones rings suddenly. Peyton barely had phone calls when she came over for the day so getting one this late was a bit odd for me and her. Of course she didn't take it as if no one should be calling but like I said she never received any calls when she was with me. Peyton read the caller ID one time and picked up the call immediately excusing herself from the game we hadn't finished. As for me I decided to lay down and check any schedules I had opened or closed. During that time that Peyton sat on the phone I took the opportunity to start grading students papers just to give myself a boost start. I didn't think any of the call because when I finally started grading my mind was somewhere else in the gutter as always when I was around her. It wasn't as if I didn't care because I did.. I just knew what a professor had to do & that was make sure I had everything finished before heading to school tomorrow morning. When Peyton finally entered my room she leaned against the door shoulder, arms folded, focused on me with this most worried look.
"What's wrong?" I asked her.
"I have to leave.. ummm.. a family emergency came up" She explains to me.
Shutting the laptop down I got up gripping her hands in mines. This was unlike me.. usually I would've said sure leave but.. this was different.
"What's wrong?" I proceeded to ask her hoping she would give a little more than a Family Emergency.
"I don't know but I'm sure it's nothing.. My mom just called telling me that my brother came home & that I should hurry home now... Something about he needs help hiding from the police" She says.
"The police?" I question her.
At this point I wasn't sure if it was a good idea for her to head home to something that major even if she thought it wasn't. "Yeah.. Ummm.. I have to head out I promise I'll call you" She says rushing straight out my home. I don't think I've ever felt more suspicious about Peyton until now. Here I am at school wondering what happened and why she still wasn't here.
"Ms. Ford can I see you outside" One of the deans spoke beside the door frame. Laying my pen down I mention for the class to continue the lesson as I step out for a second. Door closing behind me he gives me the-sad stare so I prepare myself for devastating news. "We have just been informed about one of your students in your first period class, seems that Peyton Eathal has been a illegal immigrant for a long time & as a school we didn't know that until a few days ago when we tried contacting her home from missing too many school days" He explains. "Illegal immigrant? Okay where is she now?" I question him pushing my hair behind my ears. Giving me the look of concern he clears his throat "She's currently back in her hometown, Britain".
"Britain?" I question him.
I don't know if I was sweating or gave away the look of a lifetime but when I finally looked back up his facial expression spoke differently as if he saw the disappointment in my face & immediately cleared his throat "Look I know you care deeply for all of your students so we have decided to figure out where she might be so we can at least see if theirs something we can do... to get her back here" He explains.
"Can we even do that? As a school?" I ask.
"If the student has been a straight A student for the past year, without trouble or any bad records then yes we can" He explains. Sighing a big headache of relief I smile "Thats great, how can we get in touch with her?" I question him.
"At the moment we are not in any contact with her because we don't know what city she's in" He tells me. Pushing the small strands of hair behind my ears that creeped out just a few second ago left my heart racing "Okay, thank you for letting me know Mr. Flami I really appreciate it, if anything else comes up will you let me know?".
"Of course" He speaks with a smile before stepping away leaving me to only process what I just heard that was now ripping my heart into pieces. When I finally entered back into my class the urge to fight all tears that wanted to spill out so heavily broke free immediately. The eyes of my students stared with fear or concern for me but only I knew what my tears actually meant & that was my heart breaking into pieces. "Are you alright Ms. Ford?" Tony speaks with concern. Instantly wiping away the remaining tears I take one deep breath of relief & explain to my class that everything was fine but even they knew something was bothering me.
"Class dismissed" I spoke carefully.

The ride back home couldn't have been heavier then my heart beating slowly for her to come back and explain to me what actually happened. Why couldn't she tell me before she decided to leave me here all alone thinking about her? Why did she leave me heart broken? My phone rings immediately snapping me out of my sad daydream. Picking up I answer "Hello, who's speaking?" I question.
"Hey Ms. Ford" The familiar voice spoke over the line. My throat went dry, my heart quickened, the tears I cried earlier came back to hunt me. There was so much I wanted to say to her but i just couldn't find the words to say it.
"Hello? Are you still there?" She questions me realizing I haven't said anything since she's spoken.
"Y-Yes Yes.. I'm still here Peyton" I stutter nervously. "Did you hear what I said?" She ask me.
"Hear what?" I question her.
"I said I'm sorry for leaving you the way I did" She clears. Laying my head back against my driver seat in the driveway of my home I close my eyes trying to muster up the energy to speak to her.
"Yes I know you're sorry" My voice shakes.
"I know what I did was wrong but I had no other choice but to leave you before the immigration law came to your home and saw us both making love" She explains. Making Love.... How I miss her already. Still I said nothing to let her know I understood what she was telling me. "Why didn't you tell me that you weren't from here instead of leading me on?" I question her.
"It wasn't my intention to lead you Ms. Ford, it just happened, we just happened & I didn't know I would get caught so soon.. I just thought that they wouldn't find me because I've been a USA citizen before I could even walk but my mom told me it would all catch up to me since she sneaked us all to America.. She had to leave me behind when they caught her at her job one day... My father was also caught.. he tried to run unlike my mom so they shot him down & he instantly died.. ever since then my family had been hiding from the truth because we wanted better lives for ourselves, we know we wouldn't be able t do that living here in Britain" She explains.
"Who else is here?" I ask her.
"My brother, my sister, my grandmother, my grandfather & uncle alongside my auntie" She explains. Taking a breath of relief I ask "Where are you now? Are you protected Peyton?" I question her on. "I'm protected, I'm here with my mother & other side of the family, I'm fine, I only called to see how you were doing you know.. with all of this.. I know it's a lot".
"After just hearing what I heard today I'm not so sure if I will ever be fine again" I admit. Sighing heavily over the phone she goes silent before answering.
"I miss you" She claims.
"I miss you to" I admit even if somewhere deep down inside I was still broken from all of it.
"How come you've never told me about your family?" I ask her.
"I mean.. what was the point of talking about something that would've be temporary?".
"Knowing you were a immigrant & falling in love with you would've been better than not knowing because now I'm left to believe you lied to me" I explain.
"Ms. Ford I've never lied to you I just never told you about my family because I knew it would come to something like this.. I mean how could I prepare for something like this? I know you're broken Ford". Laying my head on my steering wheel carefully I begin to break down. Tears streamed down my cheeks like never before leaving me choking on my own stuck breath. "Please don't cry.." She softly speaks. "What can I do Peyton? You left me here alone & in love with you, am I suppose to come up there & be with you? Is that what you thought would happen?" I question her. "Woah.. I never said that would happen, I just wanted to make sure you were okay in all of this" She claims.
"Well... I'm holding on, is that all?" I question her coldly wiping the remaining tears.
"I didn't want to call to upset you Ms. Ford.. just know that if I could change all this I would but theirs no way I could even do it if I could" She says.
"Is this goodbye then?" I ask her.
"I'm not good a goodbyes, how about until next time" She speaks.
"I guess until next time" I choke softly hoping my tears wouldn't make their way out again while I sat on the phone with Peyton for the remaining minutes she had left.
"Ms. Ford?"
"Yes?" I question her.
"I will find a way to see you again... even if I have to sneak back in, I will find a way" She claims.
"Yeah.. I understand, just.. be careful okay & take care of yourself" I say.
"Take care of yourself Ms. Ford, until we meet again— Hanging up the phone was probably one of the hardest things I've had to do.. For 2 weeks straight I cried and hoped I would see Peyton face again in class but I never did. Maybe.. she wouldn't be coming back.. maybe she left because of me. Don't blame yourself for something we both know you couldn't control. Something like my broken heart...
____________________________________
You've made it to the end!! What did you think of the chapter? I know you're thinking that this must be the end of their relationship but trust me it has just begun. Leave any comments or suggestions down below. Don't forget to rate & as always thank you for taking the time out to read my story.