7. Mischief

Elena arrived at Damon's house at 7 o'clock and he answered the door very quickly.

'Hey you' he said smiling

'Hey, is anyone else here?' Elena asked curiously

'No, just me, you're not disappointed are you?'

'No, of course no, I want it to just be me and you'

Damon smiled again and led Elena by hand to the kitchen; he pulled a chair for her at the dinning table and sat opposite her.

'Dinner won't be long' he told her

'Not a problem' she smiled back

'I wanted to apologise Elena, everything with Diana has been such a mess'

'Damon it's okay' Elena said trying to reassure him 'you can talk to me'

'I need your help to try and tame her a bit before she blows everyone's cover here in Mystic Falls'

'Of course I'll help'

After dinner Damon and Elena took a walk outside,

'You know I've been wanting to ask you out for a while' Damon admitted

'Me too' Elena admitted as well 'I was going to actually and then Diana turned up and I got scared'

'I was worried about Stefan, he seemed okay though when I told him' Damon said

'Stefan is over me, to be honest I think him and Caroline have a thing going on' Elena laughed

'Well I'm glad because now I finally get you all to myself' Damon smiled softly

'Oh Damon' a voice called 'I didn't know you were home'

'Hey Diana' he said begrudgingly 'what are you doing here?'

'Oh not much' she replied clearly noticing the annoyance in Damon's voice and the obvious fact that he was on a date with Elena, it couldn't have been a more perfect time to ruin it.

'Well as you can see I'm on a date with Elena' he replied taking Elena's hand and starting to walk off

'D where are you going?' Diana pouted 'I have hardly seen you since I've been back, and well I think I'm finally ready to talk'

Damon turned back to look at Diana, she looked genuine and he really wanted to know the story of where she had been, and so would Stefan.

'Sorry Elena, but I really need to find out where she's been and what's happened' he told her learning forward and kissing her on the cheek 'but, a raincheck okay? I promise' he walked towards Diana and headed towards the house, Diana turned her face back to Elena, stuck out her tongue and laughed.

'Why are you back so early?' Bonnie asked when Elena finally stormed into her dorm room

'You want to know why?!' Elena shouted back 'because Diana showed up and stole him away'

'That's rough' Caroline replied 'how'd she do it?'

'Ugh she put on a sad face and said she was ready to talk to Damon about where she's been, she's acting like she was in a bad place when in reality she was probably out killing people with Katherine'

'We could always find out!' Caroline said getting excited

'How?' Elena replied

'You're her doppelganger Elena! You can pretend to be Katherine'

'I don't know if it'll work, Diana is quite smart'

'Come on, we'll help' Bonnie smirked.