8. Mistaken Identity

'So how are we going to do this?' Elena sighed lying down on her bed in her college dorm 'we haven't seen Katherine in a few months maybe she's changed since Diana last saw her!'

'Pft, I doubt Katherine has changed trust me' Bonnie laughed 'plus well have Diana see you and if she immediately goes 'Oh my god Katherine' then well know it works, if it doesn't then just be like 'Yo its Elena' and play it cool'

'Oh, yeah, totally, thanks Bonnie' Elena chucked 'Diana isn't dumb remember'

'Yeah, true' Caroline butted in 'but you and Katherine are doppelgängers, what can go wrong?'

'I need to act like her for starters' Elena admitted 'so I just have to be a massive bitch, no problem'

Caroline curled Elena's hair into perfect ringlets and Bonnie applied a thick layer of eyeliner. Elena pulled one of her black dresses out of her wardrobe and a cropped leather jacket, some cute, black ankle boots and she was set.

'Just a little bit of jewellery to break up the black' Caroline told her handing her a gold chain

'And pull your sleeves all the way down' Bonnie added 'so she doesn't notice that you don't have Katherine's daylight bracelet on'

'Oh good point' Elena sighed 'how will I hide my daylight ring?'

'Ah just spin it around and don't flash your hands' Caroline mentioned twisting Elena's daylight ring around so the blue gemstone faced the floor.

'Perfect' Bonnie said getting up and spinning Elena around

'I'm so nervous, I hate playing Katherine' Elena commented

'We'll be close by' Caroline smiled 'lets go'

The girls found Diana in the middle of town scoping out boys by the looks of it.

'Okay, just start walking up to her, you got this' Bonnie whispered

Elena nervously started walking towards Diana who instantly noticed her.

'Oh my god, Katherine?' Diana asked

'Yeah, what?' Elena replied snappily

'What are you doing?' she answered 'I spoke to you not long ago and you didn't tell me you were coming here?'

'Can't I surprise you?' Elena laughed meanly

'I guess' Diana muttered 'I can't believe you didn't tell me anything about what's been going on here, turns out you've been back here lots and so much has happened with my brothers and you never cared to share?' she snapped

'Wasn't important'

'Seriously, Katherine? They're my brothers. You played with their feelings all those years ago and now Elena Gilbert is doing the same thing'

'Elena isn't worth your time' Elena shouted back 'seriously, she's a pathetic little school girl, get over it'

'So true' Diana replied 'I don't want her in the way of me and Damon though, I need to change him back to how he used to be, when he was fun!'

'You do that then' Elena said

'For once could you stop being a bitch and be a friend?' Diana asked

'What did you say?' Elena blurted out 'we're not really friends though are we Diana?' Elena snapped and walked off heading to where Caroline and Bonnie were waiting.