15. Secret Feelings

A few days had passed and Damon and Diana were getting along well, they'd been spending lots of time together at home catching up on stuff they'd missed out on doing together. Damon felt happy that Diana seemed to have calmed down and genuinely wanted to spend time together. He felt a pang in his heart though because during this time he had not spoken to Elena, he missed her deeply. He wished he could bring Diana and Elena together but he knew deep down it wasn't going to work, was he eventually going to have to chose between his own twin sister and the girl he loved?

Stefan had been watching Damon and Diana closely, occasionally spending time with them but keeping his distance so that he and Diana could bond. Damon had seen Stefan constantly texting Caroline though, he wondered what they were talking about. He never called her probably because he knew Diana or Damon would try and listen in. 

Damon was enjoying all this time he was spending with Diana but deep down he knew she was hiding stuff, she kept mentioning Katherine all the time about so many things they had done together but he wondered how much of it was true? Was Katherine telling the truth about not knowing Diana's whereabouts or was she lying again just to mess with his mind.

'Hey Damon' Stefan said walking into the lounge room 'I'm going to go see Caroline, where's Diana?' he asked casually

'In her room' Damon replied 'why?'

'Just wondering, you two seem to be getting along great' he smiled weakly

'Yeah' Damon agreed 'I think things are looking better'

'I'm glad' Stefan waved walking towards the front door

'Wait' Damon called

'Yeah?' Stefan asked confused

'How's Elena?' he mumbled

'I think she's okay' Stefan answered 'I have not seen her much other then what Caroline tells me'

'What does Caroline say?' Damon asked intrigued

'Well, Elena misses you obviously' Stefan replied turning to leave.

Damon sighed, he wished he could tell Elena how much he missed her too, maybe a quick text just to let her know he was thinking of her couldn't hurt.

'Why all the questions brother?' Diana asked descending down the stairs

'No reason' Damon replied hoping Diana couldn't see his face, he was secretly sad that she missed him

'Do you still have feelings for her?' Diana asked

'Not really' Damon lied

'Good' Diana smiled lets go out shall we

'Sure' Damon agreed, this was all part of his plan.