Chapter-4

You wake up by a huge bang. Oh no it's your father. He won't be happy with you, especially not when you were home late. You brace yourself for what'll come next. Your door opens and you see your father, he has a really angry look on his face and his nostrils move with every breath he takes. Terrified you start sitting on your bed. You try not to show it because then your father will know what to do with you.

"How could you leave your mother and me so worried about you!" Your father yells at you. You look at his face and you smell beer. Great, he drinks again. Your father grabs you by the arm. "You! You piece of sh*t. I bet you like to make us worried don't you!! I bet you like killing your mom from the inside!!" You close your eyes. Your father yells some more. Something about you being a useless daughter and how he wishes you were never born because his life is sooo hard now. You open your eyes and you see your dad yelling.

You don't hear him anymore. You just hear a faint voice talking to you. "Y/N, this is no life. Come to me. To people who appreciate your existence. Punch him Y/N, no matter the consequences, it will feel good. It will feel superior and...." suddenly you fall back into reality again. Your dad is still yelling and hurting you. "Dad?" You say with a soft voice. He doesn't stop yelling. "DAD!" He looks at you. Startled. "Yeah?" He asks. "Leave me alone"

Your dad looks at you with a look that you've never seen before of him. He looks angry and happy and you would also say.. proud? You tug your arm loose from his grip and you start hugging him. "I love you dad, please stop drinking" and you walk to your bed and slide under the covers. You close your eyes and you hoped it worked. Then you hear the door close.

The next morning you wake up with tears on your cheecks. You had a horrible nightmare. You wipe the tears off of your face and check your phone.

_7 new messages_
Anonymous: "Y/N do you have the locket?"
Tony: "Y/N pls help me with my homework. I have the test this wednesday".
Josh: "Y/N we could got to that place on the corner of my street?"
Josh: "or somewhere you like?"
Josh: "we could also go bowling?"
Josh: "are you up yet?"
Josh: "sorry for the spamming. I'm really nervous and excited :)"

You smile at Josh' messages and you start typing.

Y/N: "it's ok haha. I just woke up I gotta help my little brother with his homework. I'll text you when I'm done"

You turn off your phone and walk to Tony's door. "Hey buddy, i'm sorry I completely forgot. So what's the problem? You look into Tony's room and you see him sitting on his bed. "Hey Tony!" You say happily. Tony gives you a faint smile and then talks to you. "Was dad mad at you too yesterday? I heard him yelling". You look into Tony's eyes and smile like only a big sister can. "Dad was just a little upset with me because I came home too late. Why? What did he do to you?"

Your brother looks down and shows you his legs. Which are full of bruises. "He hung me upside down. He told my I was dumb and my brains needed more blood. Which is not how that works by the way". You smile at him and you hug him. "Tony, it's going to be alright. Dad is just drinking again. It's hard for him too". At that he hugs you back. "Okay so here's the deal.." he starts explaining what he has to do for math and you can't help but smile. You wish he would always stay this sweet and innocent forever. Soon he will grow up to be a man and he will have a girlfriend or break every girls heart. Or maybe he's gay and he will be scared to tell us. But you just know that everything is going to be allright. Mom and dad will except him eventually if he is.

"Y/N??" You look up. "Yeah?" You say. You look an Tony's face. Still smiling. "So how do i do this?" While you explain how to solve it, you think about Josh. Oh god you can't believe you're having a date with him tonight. What are you going to wear? A skirt? Or just jeans. With heels? Let's make it seem like you tried but that you're still casual. You decide to wear jeans with strappy heels and an over the shoulder top. You can't wait...