three |

[i recommend listening to
'gettin' old' by '6LACK']
—play on repeat—

three - luck

h u n t e r

2 1 : 4 6

considering we'd only got a lead on rodriguez, jayden and caleb stayed back to see what else they could find.

"i'm taking my own car" i say walking over to the white mercedes parked in the other part of the warehouse.

"whatever" river says nonchalantly.

"oh seriously?" kai huffs "you two are going to have to get along or this job won't get done. just get in the car, hunter" he says pointing towards their black tesla.

"fine, but i'm not doing this for you" i reply as the doors lift, ready for me to get in.

i just sat watching the lit up city through the windows. it's somewhere i only really dream about because of these stupid jobs.

i want to be able to travel freely, not a care in the world—it's never that simple.

"there" kai points out to river who's concentrating on his driving.

there stands a large skyscraper, the address we'd been given. we had to come out all the way into the city but hopefully it'll lead us somewhere useful.

we pull up to the large building, lights dotted up it.

they both go to unbuckle their seat belts when i stop them, "well, that's the plan? you can't just stroll in hoping for the best" i say, clearly aggravated by their carelessness.

"trust me, you don't need to worry about a plan, just stick behind us" river says with a devious smirk playing on his lips.

"i don't trust either of you. we need a plan" i say sticking with my previous point.

"no, he doesn't" kai gets out the car, before river follows shortly after.

"get out the damn car, hunter" river says giving me beady eyes.

i don't reply, only sit there with my arms crossed.

"alright, suit yourself" he says shutting the door harshly.

i hear slight mumbling before the door lifts back up, "you surely don't want to let us fuck this all up, right?" kai says, his eyes practically begging me to get out the car.

i let out a large breath in annoyance before exiting the car.

"thank you" the noticeable kinder member says as we walk towards to grand, glass doors.

"i don't get how this is going to work" i say shaking my head, hesitant that this whole thing will be a waste of time if ethan messes it up.

river walks confidently to the receptionist, a woman in her early twenties, whilst kai and i hang behind slightly.

"hey, could you possibly point me towards mr. rodiguez's office" his husky voice asks the blonde woman.

"ha-have you got a meeting arranged with him?" she asks, stuttering on her own words as he stares at her intensely.

"i'm afraid not, doll" he reply's.

"well, i-i'm sorry, but i can't let you go up" she says batting her eyes at the man watching her every move, intimidating and alluring.

"we were meant to meet a few days ago and forgot to exchange business details, can't a pretty little lady like yourself just help me out?" he asks, leaning on the desk and dangerously close to her.

"uh-i suppose, level 12 but-" he cuts her off, "no time to waste, my business mustn't be forgotten" and with that he'd taken the elevator keycard and hurried past.

he signalled for us to hurry along and follow, so we did and rushed into the elevator without the woman, left in awe, even realising.

the doors closed quickly and i finally spoke, "how did you even know that it wasn't going to be some old fat guy on duty?" i say raising my eyebrows high.

"my luck" he shrugged.

i shake my head in disapproval because of how close we cut that.

the ding of the elevator reaching our level, rang rather loud.

"what now?" i say to river with attitude, considering he thinks he knows it all.

"i'll go in first, create a distraction" kai speaks up.

"i'll then wait for any guards to follow. that leaves you?" i say to river, waiting for his input.

"i'll come and threaten the bastard, one step closer to our money, right?" he says and with that the doors glide open; revealing a dim lit room with all our focus.

<3