fifteen |

[i recommend listening to
'medicine' by 'daughter']
—play on repeat—

fifteen - momma's boy

+t h i r d  p e r s o n

both their minds racing, neither one of the two people know what to say.

gathering up some courage, hunter decides to speak, "what were you going to say?" she asks once the waitress has gone away.

"it doesn't matter" the man, holding in his thoughts, speaks.

the young woman feels defeated by the situation, "please, river talk to me" she pleads, hoping he will finish his sentence.

"can we just leave it?" the troubled man asks, trying to stay calm; the thoughts of the truth making him feel uncomfortable. becoming more agitated, the young man wishes nothing more than for his previous words to be taken back.

"i don't want to leave something which seems to be bothering you" hunter reply's as she fiddles with the menu in front of her.

"this was a mistake" he says getting up, leaving both the waitress and hunter in shock as he leaves abruptly.

"i'm sorry about that." hunter says to the waitress apologetically, leaving the money for their drinks, "here. keep the change." she follows shortly after the man who just left her in the little restaurant.

"river. river, wait!" she calls after him whilst pushing open the glass doors.

"i don't wanna talk about it" he says completely ignoring the concerned girl.

"what? you're just gonna ignore it, huh?" hunter asks following the irritated man.

"yeah, if you'd fucking let me!" he bites back.

"alright fine!" the, now slightly hurt, girl responds with anger covering her disappointment.

"get in," river points towards the car, "we're leaving." he says bluntly.

"i'm not getting back in that car with you" hunter reply's confidently.

"fine, walk. i don't care" and with that the boy had actually left the girl to stand in the cold.

realisation hitting her, she decides to sit back in the restaurant and call someone to pick her up. thinking about everything that just happened, the girl's eyes begin to water. thinking too highly of river, she felt completing let down; however not surprised.

' it's not even like i can call jayden or caleb ' hunter thinks to herself, ' they don't know where i am, i don't even know where i am ' worries flood her head as she's left to sit alone.

she picks up her phone and dials it.

"hey, everything okay?" it's kai's voice that echoes down the line.

"can you pick me up please?" the young woman's voice sounds shaky on the other side of the call.

"of course, are you okay though?" his voice sounds concerned as he speaks.