nineteen |

[i recommend listening to
'losin control' by 'russ']
—play on repeat—

nineteen - search

h u n t e r

we're all gathered at the warehouse, well almost all of us.

i didn't ask river what he is going to do, nor did i speak to him after what happened yesterday.

it feels like we could both be in denial towards everything that has happened. in all honesty, i feel as though i don't want to think about what's happened.

i can't think about it. not on top of everything else that's happened with caleb.

"why are we all here?" jayden asks, almost lifeless.

"i know none of you want to be here right now, but you have to hear me out" kai says making sure he has everyone's attention.

some nods are shared before he begins to speak again.

"look, we've still got one day. we can complete this," he tried to be enthusiastic "we've killed two of the men, found five of the cars and 4 of the seven million"

"how the hell are we meant to find the other 3, both cars and millions?" jayden asks, sounding genuinely worried.

"we'll make it work, i swear it"

it's been about 4 hours, river isn't even back yet and
kai's off in search for the cars.

there was an address attached to one of them so we're hoping for the best.

i've been keeping in contact with him, along with sorting out the money. although, it's not been too hard so i've had a lot of time to think. my mind is racing and i can't take it.

i think i'll have to join jayden and jasmine in looking for the other men. anything to get my mind off the two things i wish it wasn't.

whilst helping look for the men, time past pretty fast. it was a good distraction.

sitting around the table, we'd managed to find one of the men but when notifying kai, it wasn't the best news. he'd gotten to the location on the keys and there were only two cars. we have absolutely no idea where it'd be nor the other businessmen.

telling him to just get the jobs done and come straight back, he agreed to.

kai was soon coming back. we'd got a text from him not too long ago. however, still nothing from river, even though we'd each tried reaching him multiple times.

"that was quick" jasmine says turning and looking at the door, which is now opened.

although, it wasn't kai.

river stands in the door frame, no expression on his blood splattered face. in fact, practically his whole body is cover in blood. not one part didn't have a visible droplet of blood.

"what the hell did you do?" jayden says getting up and walking over to him.

in response, he just stands and stares. no comment or angry gesture.

frozen. just frozen.

"river?" she questions him again, although he just turns back and walks back out the door.

"what the fuck?" jayden says, like its to him but also she's thinking aloud.

"that was great" jasmine says huffing.

"hunter, go speak to him" jayden turns around to me.

"why me?" i ask as if it's the last thing i want.

"seriously?" she raises her eyebrows at me, "you know, just go"

apathetically, i trail myself out the door only to see river just stood, leaning against his car.

i take in a large breath readying myself to speak, but nothing comes out. instead, i just walk closer to him; earning his attention once i'm stood less than a feet away.

<3