eighteen |

[i recommend listening to
'salvation' by 'gabrielle aplin']
—play on repeat—

eighteen - indescribable

l a t e r   t h a t   n i g h t

h u n t e r

river
i'm coming over

me
river, i'm really not in the mood

river
let me just be there for you

me
i'm exhausted

river
let me look after you

me
i need to be alone 

river
no, you want to be alone but you need someone.
again, i'm coming over

i don't have the energy to argue with him.
not now, not today.

after a while i hear a hand rapping at the door.

i slowly make my way to the door before unlocking it. opening it, i'm faced with a messy haired river in gray sweats and a black sweatshirt.

no words are exchanged, i just gesture him inside. he walks in and slips his shoes off to one side.

once we reach my room, he turns to me and says "you know you don't have to suffer on your own, right?"

i just shrug my shoulders, thinking about how much easier it is to just do that.

"seriously hunter, talk to me" he says his eyes practically begging me.

that sounds pretty familiar and quite ironic if you're asking me.

"you're one to talk, or not" i laugh sarcasticly, irritated by his comment.

"i'm trying to help." he says to me.

"i don't need your help," my voice raises slightly "you didn't need mine."

"it's complicated" he speaks with a tone of annoyance.

"you think i don't know complicated?" i ask since he's acting like i'm stupid.

"i'm not saying that" his voice raises in return.

"my life's more complicated than you'll ever know. so don't you think you can stand here, looking in from the outside, and tell me how my life is!" i practically shout at him from across the room.

"you're being so stupid, i'm not trying to judge you!" he says getting more riled up, whilst he steps closer to me. he mutters a simple 'god' under he breath to follow but i hear because we are closer.

"you wouldn't let me be there for you," i say "it. works. both. ways." with every word, i push his chest back with my finger.

"i'm trying to be here for you!" he shouts as he walks back over to me, closer than before.

"and so was–" i'm cut off when river smashes his lips on mine.

although beyond surprised and still some what angry, i can't help but kiss back. he attaches his hands to the side of my face and i grip onto his wrist.

this moment filled me with something—indescribable.

my heart racing, it's like we're the only two people in the entire world.

he takes a hand off my face and holds me by the waist, pulling me closer and deepening the kiss.

the feeling of his hands holding me and our lips connecting, is truly breathtaking. i'm completely lost in this moment; nothing else is on my mind.

after a few moments, we pull away and just take it all in.

"i should probably get going" river says scratching the back of his neck.

"yeah..yeah it's been a long day" i reply.

"get some rest" he smiles before kissing my forehead.

i just smile in return, watching him exit.

i hear the front door close behind him and my heart beat decreases. i take a large breath in, trying to process what the hell just happened.

friday | day seven | last day

jasmine ro
what the hell are we meant to do now?

kai
let's just meet, talk about it.

jay
the warehouse?

kai
yeah

me
okay, see you in a bit

river
i have something i need to do first.

<3