eight |

[i recommend listening to
'got me' by 'roy woods']
—play on repeat—

eight - dresses

monday | day three

h u n t e r

yesterday was quite eventful to say the least, but we did get a lot done.

after working separately, nothing else happened between jasmine and i. kai was adamant that we stay far away from each other since we don't need any more incidents like the one previous.

although, it was river who enticed it mainly.

river and kai are very different if you ask me. even though they may have a few similar characteristics, they are opposite for the most part.

kai has this much more caring personality and pure concern for others, along with a humour similar to jayden's. the girl never fails to make me laugh.

however, river is different.
he's confusing. one minute he'll show the slightest glimpse of sympathy but then it's washed away by his annoying cockiness or selfishness.

it's just a lot to get used to, the difference working with more people. can't say i've managed to get my head fully around it yet.

1 4 : 2 6

"there's this file that's only just popped up now..." caleb begins as he spins around on the black office chair, now facing us.

"go on, asshat" jayden snaps.

"okay, okay" he says "it says that rodriguez and his men are meeting..." caleb pauses to check the date, "tomorrow."

"where?" river asks, walking over to the desks.

"it says something about 'albany casino rouge' " caleb says, pointing to a location on the mac's screen.

"a casino?" kai comments as he looks over caleb's shoulder.

"yeah, i'm not surprised—daddy always used to rent them out for him and his business friends" jasmine says, shrugging slightly as if it's no big deal.

"well we've gotta go" jayden says.

"not all of us" caleb says shaking his head.

"yeah it'll be too obvious; too hard to sneak in" jasmine agrees.

"who's going then?" jayden asks.

"you, river, kai and hunter" caleb states.

i realise what i've just been roped into and immediately try to object.

"no, why can't one of you go?" i ask very confused, as my eyebrows narrow together.

"well he'd recognise me" jasmine says, almost as if she's bragging that's she doesn't have to do anything.

"could you really see me in a casino? i'll keep in contact with you guys whilst you're in there" caleb says.

"fine" i give in, it's for the job.

the thought of the whole evening won't leave my mind. i'm trying to distract myself with jayden, working on something but it's not much use.

it's just the thought of spending the whole evening with river and in such close proximity. i honestly can't think of anything worse.

"well, you two need to go shopping" jasmine says as she pokes her head in between jayden and i.

"excuse me?" i automatically turn to her.

"i assume you don't have anything appropriate, so go and buy something for tomorrow night" she says before walking off.

"is she serious?" i turn to jayden.

"fuck knows, but we probably should. it'll be nice to go shopping anyway, cmon" jayden says giving me large puppy-dog-eyes.

"okay"

[i recommend listening to
'WISH YOU WELL' by 'amir obe']
—play on repeat—

i am a little excited, i can't think of the last time i went shopping for something nice—to treat myself.

it's not like we're short of money, that's not the case at all, we just don't have any time to spend it on special things you could say.

we'd found a dress shop and there were a couple which had caught my eye.

one black and one red; my favourite colour.

jayden had already taken a beautiful, sparkly, gold dress into the fitting rooms

i slide the curtain across the rail before walking in and placing the two dresses' hangers on the metal bar.

i pull the curtain over again, before beginning to undress myself. i placed my black corduroy pants on the little stool in the corner and follow them but my burgundy cut off jumper.

first, i take the sparkly, short black dress and step into it. i zip it at the side and inspect it in the mirror before me. although it fit quite nice, there was something not 100% right.

unzipping it again, i begin to get the red dress off the hanger, replacing the black one.

the red was different, it wasn't just the colour, the feel and length made it immediately nicer.

stepping into the dress, i slide the straps over my arms and onto my shoulders.

the fit was figure-hugging but in a good way, i like the way it holds my waist and then flows down my legs but breaks off at the split.

this is definitely the one.

1 8 : 4 2

after paying for the dresses, we got shoes and matching clutch bags because if we were going shopping, we were going shopping.

heading back to the warehouse, i get a text.

i look down to my phone and see it's from river. being so confused, i open it quickly; eager to see what he wants.

river j
meet me on the roof when you guys get back, i wanna talk

i can't help but furrow my eyebrows, as i read over his message.

"you alright?" jayden asks still looking out the windscreen as he grips the wheel.

"yeah, fine" i smile looking at her even though she's looking another way.

what the hell could he want to talk about?

<3