Pillow fights and nightmares

Hello. Hope you enjoy this chapter

Yao's POV

"Pillow fight!"

I was hit in the back with a soft pillow. I took my pillow and hit Ivan with it. He dodged the attack. He hit me again, this time I dodged it. "Better try harder than that hot stuff," I said and smirked at him. I thought it over. Did I really just call him hot stuff? I blushed.

He took the advantage of my embarrassment to hit me with the pillow once more. "Better pay attention Yao-Yao," he smiled widely at me. We kept playing pillow fight, each hitting the other or using their pillows to dodge the other's attack. We were laughing so hard I think the neighbors are cursing us right now.

It was all fun and games till Ivan hit me a little too hard and I fell off of the bed. I closed my eyes as I landed on the floor with a loud 'thud' noise. I opened my eyes and rubbed my back. Ow that actually hurt. "Are you okay Yao-Yao," Ivan said and helped me onto the bed again. "Yeah, I'm alright. I'm not that delicate, you know," I said and took my pillow. I hit him gently with the pillow.

He laughed a bit and stood up. He turned the lights on. I shielded my eyes for a second till I became used to the bright room. Ivan sat next me. He patted the space in front of him, meaning he wants me to sit there. I did as he asked and sat in front of him. He pulled the hair tie out and started playing with my hair.

I got a text. I picked up my phone and see a text from an unknown number. I press on the notification and read the message. Are you ignoring me Pretty boy? That's not a smart thing to do. I sighed and deleted the message. I immediately blocked the number... Again. "What's wrong?" Ivan asked curiously. "Nothing. Someone keeps texting me threatening messages," I sighed as he continued to play with my hair. "Shouldn't you go to the police?" he asked concerned laced in his voice. "No, it's probably just someone playing a prank on me," I shrugged and sighed again. He continued to play with my hair in silence.

To be quite honest it was relaxing. I stopped him for a second. I quickly got my brush that was in the bathroom. I returned to the bed and handed him the brush. He took it as I sat down in front of him once again. He gently brushed my hair and braided it in different ways. I leaned into the warm and relaxing touch, ready to fall asleep. Until Ivan broke the comfortable silence.

"You know this is the first time I ever had a sleepover," he suddenly said as he braided my hair. I looked up at him. He looked surprise. "Did I say that out loud," he asked genuinely surprised. "Yeah you did. Is this really the first time you had a sleepover? Not even when you were younger," I asked also surprised. "No not really. Everyone was afraid of me so no one invited me to sleepovers or birthday parties, I was actually pretty lonely," he chuckled sadly as I turned around to face him. "Why was everyone scared of you?" I asked as I gently held his hand. "I...don't...know," Ivan said and looked down at our hands.

"Well there was times with my old partner, but that's it," he sighed sadly. "Well you have me now and I'm not afraid of you. You're a really nice person you know that," I said and smiled at him. He looked up at me and smiled a tiny smile. Cute. Cute. Cute. "Thanks Yao-Yao," he smiled and held up a hand mirror that was on the table next to the bed.

"How does this look," he asked shyly. I look into the mirror and see he made a fishtail- braid. "It looks beautiful Ivan. When did you learn how to do this?" I asked and felt my hair as he smiled impressed with his work. "You don't have two sisters for nothing," he smiled and continued playing with my hair. I leaned into his warm touch and soon found myself falling asleep.

Ivan's POV

"Hey Yao-Yao. Does this look good?" I asked again only to realize he fell asleep. I smiled slightly at the sight. He's more calm and relaxed when he's sleeping. He always looks so stressed or anxious when he's awake. It's good to see him so relaxed without a single care in the world.