Chapter 38

jeon wonwoo

the next day

i was nervous for my whole life. everything could be crushed if something goes wrong. i cant ask the woman i love to marry me if her father and brother do not agree. i plan to talk to jimin first then her father.

i sat on my bed and texted jimin if we could meet up at a cafe in the afternoon today. he agreed! i was really worried that jimin would say no, but i was more worried that jiyeon's father would say no. "stop worrying, they love you! they'll say yes"mingyu says playing video games on his phone.

"jeez i love the support mingyu"i say putting my shoes and heading to the cafe. here i go!

~~~

i walk into the cafe and smell coffee, i look around and notice jimin right away. i walk over to him and jimin notices me and smiles, "hey!"jimin says and i give him a small smile. i sit in front of him and i don't look up. "what's up wonwoo? you seemed like you really wanted to talk"jimin said and i look at him.

"okay...this might sound crazy and insane, but i was taking in thoughts about me and jiyeon having the baby. especially the last name... i don't really know if the baby's last name would be mine or jiyeon's...and i was thinking to make it easier on both of us...if i could just...you know...ask jiyeon to marry me..."i say.

jimin didn't say anything, "i'm just taking everything into consideration. for the baby and for jiyeon and i...that's why the reason i called you here for was...because i was planning on asking jiyeon to marry me after i get...after i get you and your fathers permission if i can"i finally say.

i look at jimin and he had a small smile on his face, "i'm happy you asked me before. as jiyeon's little brother, i feel like you care about everyone's opinion. i like that about you wonwoo, yeah! i'm okay with you asking my big sister to marry you!"jimin says and i smile. one down, one more to go!

~~~~

i sat in the chair at the desk of the hotel room. my laptop was ringing, waiting for jiyeon's father to pick up. my hands were sweating and i was more worried than ever! all of a sudden it answered and jiyeon's father, jinyoung answered.

i bowed to him quickly and greeted him respectfully, he greeted me as well. "it's nice to see you again wonwoo, how is jiyeon?"he asked, "she's great. she's doing well"i say and he nods. "so what have you called me for?"he asked and i look down.

"uh...i'm sorry this isn't the best way to ask you this...but...i've been taking a lot of things under consideration for the new life jiyeon and i are bringing into this world...and i just don't think it would be complete unless...unless jiyeon is married to me...and i will not do it without the permission of her own father...all i ask you is... may i have your daughters hand in marriage?"i ask looking up.

jiyeon's father had no emotion, but proceeded with a long conversation with me. however the end gave me a clear answer:

"wonwoo, of course you can"