Cancer

A Few Weeks Later

BRENDON POV

It was now December and I had a check up to see the progress of the cancer.

The doctor looked at it, he said it was at least at a stage 2. It was growing rapidly. They wanted it to grow bigger, so that we could remove it all together at once.

I got scared that it started to growing rapidly. The doctors prescribed me pills to ease the growing of the tumor because I was having surgery to remove it in a few months after the holidays.

I got in my car and drove to pick up Emmy from school.

EMMY POV

I saw my dad pull up and jumped inside the car.

I hugged him and gave him so much love, knowing that he is not okay and in pain. I don't like seeing him, like this and I wanted to help. The only thing I could do was make him happy.

I gave him as much hugs and kisses I could. I appreciated him so much even though, he adopted for 2 months now.

In a few days it's my 11th birthday. I didn't want anything besides Brendon's happiness.

I started day dreaming until Brendon cleared his throat and let out a cough.

"So, how was your day Em?" He asked.

"It was okay. How was yours? " I asked worriedly, knowing that he was at the doctors.

"It was okay, the cancer is now at a 2, so we're gonna get it removed soon maybe after the holiday has passed and they gave me pills to ease the pain and stop it from growing too fast." He said sighing.

I nodded. I just wanted him happy and healthy and only one thing was happening at the moment.

I was devastated that it was getting worst, but he seemed okay. I started day dreaming again. The car came to a stop and I grabbed stuff running into my room.

I locked myself in the room and cried onto my bed. I covered myself with the white comforter and cried there.

I felt so bad for Brendon he doesn't need this, why him? I questioned.

Then I heard a thud inside the house. Holy fuck I forgot about Brendon.

I opened my door wiping away my tears I saw Brendon at the bottom of the stairs. The thud was Brendon on the ground. He was wheezing and trying to catch his breath and couldn't I panicked. I helped him get up and brought him outside and on the step with him in front of the house.

He caught his breath. I ran inside to get some water for him. We sat outside for a bit. I was still very worried for him after what had just happened.

It started getting cold and Brendon wanted to go inside. I helped him get inside and attempted to pick him up. He was really weak, so I would cradle him and help him walk over to the couch. I fluffed the couch cushions for him to lay down and wrap him in a blanket to keep him warm since he was freezing cold.

I ran to go take a shower. I came back and saw Brendon holding onto the counter cooking dinner.

BRENDON POV

I decided to cook dinner, while waiting for Emmy to get back.

I felt a little weak, but I was fine. I was holding onto the counter, so I should be good.

I decided to make Mac and cheese it was pretty simple anyways.

I heard Emmy trotting down the stairs.

"Hey sweetheart, want dinner?" I said grabbing the plates. She nodded.

"You're not supposed to be up, if you're weak dad." She said. I just sighed.

She helped me bring the plates over to the table and we sat and ate in silence.

It was quite peaceful actually, but I rather run around the house and do my own thing.

I got up and placed the dishes in the dishwasher. Minus well get it done now, while I'm up already.

I sat up watching the tv with Emmy on the couch.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I heard footsteps running over to me checking my pulse and everything.

"Nope nothing" a voice said. I heard beeping all around me.

It was pitched black and I couldn't see anything. I felt people looking for my pulse again. After this time it was quiet.

Alright time of death December 14th 2018 at 10pm.

I'm sorry for your lost ma'am. "Can I please just see my daddy it's my birthday and he promised me that he'll be there for me please." A girl asked.

I felt the girl gripping my arm.

"Hey Brendon or daddy, I love you so much. It's sad that I won't be spending my first birthday with you as a family this year."  She said gripping my hand.

"You promised that, you wouldn't leave me alone, but you got sick and the doctor lied to you saying that you were at stage 2, but I should've known that you got worst since that day you collapsed on the ground. See it's all my fault that this happened to you. Just please come back and don't leave me. I don't want to be all alone. It's my birthday come on daddy wake up." She sobbed.

I felt her release my arm and then a light shown threw.

"I promised, I won't leave you okay baby I promised." I whispered the light became brighter, blinding my eyes.

"I promised, I won't leave you" I woke up drenched in sweat. I checked the time and it was around 10pm. Emmy wasn't downstairs with me. I got up and turned off the tv and light. I was still still drenched in sweat and now I was crying.

I was sick and I know that Emmy is worried too. I slowly crept into her room. I checked her bed and it was nicely made, but no sign of her. I went into my room thinking she might have gone there. Nope no one in there either.

I heard something in the music room. I haven't been in there for awhile. I was too weak to go in there. I slowly opened the door and saw Emmy falling asleep on the keyboard singing Cancer with a tear stained face.

I turned off the keyboard and picked her up. I placed her inside her bed and tucked her in.

"Why are you wet?" She asked.
"I had a nightmare." I said. She went to sleep I kissed her on her forehead.

"I promise, I'll will never leave you." I said turning off the lights and shutting the door.

I decided to take a shower since I'm soak. As I finished, I used my hand to comb through my hair.

As I take my hand out. It had lot of hair on it.

"Great hair loss" I mumbled.

I got into a t-shirt, boxers and climbed into my bed. Falling asleep instantly.

OOF this was a filling chapter. I feel bad for Brendon now Oof, don't worry I'm not going to make him die. I know that for sure. I'll give you guys another chapter which is Emmy's birthday to cheer things up for a little bit. Alright see you next chapter. Much love 😘