Fans

EMMY POV

I woke up checking the time it was 9am. Strange, I would be in school by now. I guess no school for me today then.

Wait how did I get into bed. I sat up in bed thinking, wait Brendon brought me in last night, but how he was so weak and he was sweating last night too and was barely catching his breath.

Wait did something happen, because usually he would wake me up. I got up and threw on my bathrobe. It was cold.

I rushed into Brendon's room he was wrapped in his blanket still asleep. I decided not to disturb him and gave him a kiss letting him sleep some more.

I walked downstairs. I started to make toast and scrambled eggs. Then I started the coffee machine to make Brendon's drink.

After I finished cooking I placed it in a plate and spread the jam over the toast. Put some fruit and put ketchup on the eggs. Then I placed both plates on the tray with the drinks.

I slowly crept up the stairs trying to avoid it creaking.

I knocked on the door slowly no response so I opened the door. Brendon was still in bed.

I placed the tray on the night stand and walked over to open the blinds in Brendon's room. I fluffed the pillows and laid them against the bed frame and helped Brendon sit up properly.

I turned on the heater in the house so it wouldn't be too cold. I placed the tray on Brendon's lap.

He was rubbing his eyes. Trying to rub the sleep away.

"Good morning dad" I said handing him the coffee. He took a gulp.

"Good morning baby" he said back then looked down at the tray.

"This is delicious" he said with his mouth full.

"I learned it from the best" I said looking at him.

I gave him his pills to take.

"You know you don't need to do all of this. Like yes I'm weak, but I can do it" He says.

"I know, but I wanted to do it, because I know that you are struggling." I said hugging his side.

We continued eating breakfast. As we finish I took the tray downstairs and left Brendon to himself.

I put away the dishes and Brendon was now out of bed walking down the stairs. I fed the dogs and let them outside.

I didn't want to baby Brendon because he would've got mad or something like he always do.

He finally made it to the couch.

"Guess who's birthday is tomorrow?" He asked.

I gave him a grin knowing what was tomorrow.

"You remembered!" I squealed.

"Of course, I remember. I know I have cancer, but I can't not remember my own daughter's birthday" he said. I nodded.

He patted the seat next to me gesturing for me to sit down.
Once I sat down he put his arms around me squeezing the living out of me.

"Okay, Okay Brendon I know that you're weak, but damn this strong" I said.

"Well... What's the plan for tomorrow then huh?" I asked.

"Hmm, it a surprise so not telling" He said, pretending to think.

"Well come on, you're really not going to tell me." I pouted, and he nodded his head.

"Fine" I said crossing my arms