➖9➖

CHAPTER NINE

I said I wanted you to stay, but you're always leaving

I said I wanted you to stay, but you're always leaving. Never telling me where, never telling me what's the reason.

—————————————

I woke up with the sunlight gently caressing my face. Adjusting to the light, I realized that the man who was beside me had left. Noticing a piece of paper beside me, I picked it up.

Morning! Didn't want to wake you up. Have a nice day and don't forget to lock your doors! ;)

I smiled.

//

"Yo!" I greeted Taemin.

"Someone's in a good mood today." He chuckled.

"Pretty much." I smiled at him.

"Oh, Jihye."

"Yeah?" I wore my apron.

"Jungkook quit the job, so you'll be getting a new partner." He said with an assuring smile.

"What? Did he tell you why?" Now I was genuinely worried for him. What if something had happened?

"No. He actually left a minute ago. You may catch him if you're lucky." Without a hesitation I ran out of the coffee shop. I looked around, wanting to catch a familiar face. Once I spotted him, I started to call him out.

"Jungkook? Jungkook!"

"Jihye?" He finally heard me.

I caught him up, "Why are you quitting? And why didn't you answer my calls?"

"I'm sorry. I wasn't able to. And I think it's best for us not to see each other, so don't follow me." He said, looking down.

"What? Is it really you talking? I thought we were friends." I looked at him in disbelief.

"We are!" He answered quickly, which made me jump in surprise.

"Then why?"

"I'm sorry, Jihye." He turned around and left. I can't believe him. He just left. I moved here a week ago and lost a friend already.

I returned to the café with a blank face.

"You okay?" One of my co-workers made sure.