Danger..

-Bryan's P.O.V-
Today was our day off. I nearly told Y/N who I was since I got to know her more. When we were talking last night I tried not to name many people from my family because I felt like she'd find out. I was about to text her when Jesse begins to call me. I sigh a bit and pick up the phone

Bryan: Hello?

Jesse: Dude! Have you seen the news?

Bryan: Uh no.. whats goin on...?

Jesse: Theres been murders near your apartment complex. The cops haven't found them yet but they're targeting near your complex cause of all the rich dudes that live there.

I turn on the news and turn to the news channel. I hear the same report as what Jesse had just told me.

Bryan: Holy shit...

I was barley able to talk. So now I won't be able to leave my own apartment for the next few days? Or have a bunch of body gaurds clearly indicating that I am either rich or theres something shady going on. I look out my window to see yellow tape and on it, it reads "Crime Scene Do Not Cross" over and over again.

Jesse: Yeah be careful dude. My advice, just don't leave your home til the cops get em'

Jesse says his goodbye and hangs up. I look at my phone. 'Should I tell Y/N?' I shrug, she doesn't know where I live and so it wouldn't hurt to tell her.

Me: Hey, have you heard about the killings near that expensive complex down near highway 45?

Y/N: Yeah! I was just watching the news. Pretty scary.

Me: Yeah I live in the complex so now im being told to stay in til the cops catch those guys. :/

Y/N: Oh god, I would take their advice if I were you. I'm sure everyone would be upset if something happened to you. I'd actually cry.

I smile a bit as I read the last part. I then furrow my eyebrows. 'Is she only saying that because of what happened last night?' I text her back

Me: I don't think it'd matter that much..

Y/N: UH YES IT WOULD!! You're basically the only person at our job that doesn't see me as a child. Plus, you're really cool and I'm glad I have your number. It made my night when he talked tbh.

I smiled and couldn't help but become a little red in the face. 'She truely meant it? Should I tell her?'

Me: Hey uh, do you wanna go grab a coffee sometime?

-Your P.O.V-
Oh god he just asked me to hang out and I can't even remember who he is! I really hope he's not just saying this to make me feel better since I'm new. I smile a bit at the thought. He really was nice last night when we texted and I don't see how it could hurt.

You: Sure! What day? I'm free for the weekend if that works.

I'm nearly as red as a tomato and sweating while I nervously wait for his reply.

Unknown: Sometime this afternoon? 3 or 4? There's a coffee shop not too far away from highway 45 if you wanna go there?

You: Sure thing! Meet ya there at 4? :)

Unknown: It's a date! Cya later!

He just said DATE?!?!?! He meant that like its in his calender right? Oh god oh god oh god.. What am I supposed to wear? It's technically not dinner so nothing too fancy.
After hours of looking I finally found a good outfit

I watch the clock carefully as I look at my phone nearly every second, thinking he may cancel

I watch the clock carefully as I look at my phone nearly every second, thinking he may cancel. When it reaches 3:40 I decide to leave so I won't be late.

-Timeskip-
I park into a parking lot behind a building, it had enough opening so I could look into the front window of the coffee shop to see who was inside. I saw a few people in there, either with friends or family. Although, a man with a white jacket and his hood slightly up so it covered his face was sitting alone. He was on his phone as if he were expecting someone. He would look up every now and then and I smiled. 'Who is he?' I blush slightly as I get out of my car and I shut the door. Sudden scrapes and scuffulling pulls me out of my thoughts as I look over. The noise was coming from a dark alley. I assumed it was lost cats or mice and I began to walk away from the parking lot when I heard a faint voice behind me. "Please help me..." It sounded like a child's voice so I turned around to see a small boy, torn clothing and dirty skin and hair stood there.

The boy looked like he was maybe 6 or 7 and my heart immediatly had empathy for him. So, I walked over to him and knelt down to his level. "Are you alright? Where is your parents? Are you lost?" The boy began to cry and he rubbed his tears away with his small fists. "My mommy and daddy left. I don't know where they are." He cried and pointed to the alleyway. "I live there with my teddy." The small boy said and I looked over to see a small, dirty teddy bear sat up against a wall. How long had this kid been like this? I had to take him to the police so those murderers wouldn't find him. "Go grab your teddy and I can bring you somewhere safe and I'll help you find your mommy and daddy ok?" I said in the lightest voice and he looked up at me with a gleam in his eyes. "Will you come with me?" He pleaded and I nodded so the small boy would gain trust for me.

Something didn't feel right. I pulled out my phone and texted the man I was supposed to be drinking coffee with that I'd be a few minutes. I explained the situation and I told him I was across the street. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him turn this way but he was too far away for me to actually make out his features. I held the small boy's hand and followed him. I heard what sounded like footsteps from the alleyway. I shrugged it off as an echo as our footsteps. I kept receiving messages from the man I was supposed to have coffee with so I finally looked at them.

Unknown: Who's the guy behind you?
Unknown: What's happening.
Unknown: Y/N turn around
Unknown: Y/N TURN AROUND LOOK OUT!

The next thing I know everything was dark.

(Hoped you liked this chapter! Your welcome for the cliff hanger ;) Since it's nearly Thanksgiving and I'm out of school for the rest of the week I thought I'd give thanks to my readers this week and post two chapters a day! I love writing this and I'm having an amazing time seeing the number of readers grow each day. I hope you enjoyed the story and there will be more tomorrow! -Brin)
1211 words