Chapter 4

One week before  The Grand Magic Games began and we were out in the mountains for training. Master Jiemma had given everyone strict orders to train since we he had not given the announcement on the five memebers participants. 

So here we are in the forest, getting ready for all allowed magic race. It would start from the edge of the forest to the top of the highest mountain. The exceeds were already there waiting for us. I started stretching my shoulders and my legs. I had changed out of my normal day wear to something more sporty.  A neon green and hot pink vest, with a black shirt that hugged my biceps. I was wearing pale green shorts and a pair of sneakers. 

Sting was stretching a few feet away from me and proceeded to talk to Rogue. I looked out into the forest, to the highest mountain, whose peak was covered by the orange and red clouds. It was still dark, almost sunrise hour. I could still see some stars and my thoughts were then in engulfed thoughts. 

"Stand straight, Ruka or you won't be able to produce anything at all".

"Remember when competing, play by the rules, be smart".

"Don't cheat, cheating is selling your soul...but..if you really need to cheat, just cheat but don't get caught".

"Why are you crying, my Ruka doesn't cry".

"Look out into the distance, Ruka, those clouds you see one day will belong to you".

"You are Ruka Dragneel, wake up child, you need to wake up, don't let your power interfere with your  success".

"I'm sorry...mom..I d-didn't mean an-any..of these..I-I don-..I-didn't want to...k-kill you..."

"You didn't kill me, I caused this upon myself, I shouldn't have forced you this much...I just wanted you to become strong".

"Look out into the clouds Ruka, do you see the colors? As long as you see them, I'll be there and in your heart."

"Hey Ruka, you okay?". 

I closed my eyes and shook my head. I blinked a couple times after opening them to see Sting there. "Yeah, perfectly fine." "Come one we're starting".

I followed him to where Rogue was and we stood in a straight line. 

"On your marks..."

I got into a running position.

"Get set.."

I blended my knees a bit and leaned forward. 

"GO!".

I ran off with my dragon slayer speed and along the way kept a close eye on any white or black attacks. I jumped onto a tree and ran through the branches, the leaves covering my figure. I stopped for a bit to be able to hear any footsteps and sure enough I heard some. Perhaps a mile away. "Milky Way.." I murmured. I ran off again and starting to set up more. "RUKA!". I laughed, hearing Rogue's angered voice. I jumped off the branch but quickly ducked as a figure came toward some me. 

I dodged the punches and kicks from my attacker. I did a roundhouse kick and pushed the attacker into a tree. It was none other than Sting. "Kiss for the pain?" he asked. I laughed and shook my head teasingly. "You wish". A grabbed his collared shirt and threw him away from me. He rolled down the edge of the hill and I heard a couple grunts when he stopped. "Sorry...not sorry!" I shouted. I ran off again and everything seemed to start going in slow motion. My hair slowly starting flowing in front of my face and that's when I saw it.