Chapter 10

Day 1 one of the Grand Magic Games has ended, leaving, as expected, Fairy Tail in 7th and 8th place. They may be having an unfortunate beginning, but that worked just fine for Sabertooth who as, expected, were in 1st place. Yesterday, Fairy Tail, performed horribly in the challenge, Hide-n-Seek and suffered a severe blow from Raven Tail, during a battle between Fairy Tail's, Lucy Heartfilia and Raven Tail's Flare. However, Sabertooth were performing great as usual. Coming out victors in the challenge, due to Rufus memory make magic. As another 10 points collected from a battle, in which Orga won without a chance of losing. At the end of the day, it was confirmed that an entertainment battle was to take place, without any points awarded to the victor. Fairy Tail's Erza Scarlet and Sabertooth's Ruka Galaxia, me, went head on a one-sided battle. The victor, me, collapsed right after being named champion, due to one of my spells' aftermath. And this leads us to today challenge. In which my boyfriend, looks like a complete doofus. 

Today's challenge, Chariot, was exactly what it sounded like. A chain of moving chariots were connected, moving throughout the city of Crocus. The goal was to get the stadium first, without falling off. "We'll be transmitting images from the race to everyone through lacrima-vision." And might I say Sabertooth was not happy that we made the decision of sending Sting out. "Why did we send Sting out?" "Even the name, gives an idea of the challenge."  As their souls left their bodies at watching Sting struggle, I was here laughing my arse off. Juri snickering beside me. "Trailing at the back, far, far from the lead is Fairy Tail's A team Natsu Dragneel in a groggy state,"

"Next to him, Fairy Tail's B team Gajeel Redfox and Sabertooth's Sting Eucliffe, are in the same condition." I continued to laugh, grabbing my stomach which was starting to hurt due to my laughter. "This is no laughing matter, Ruka," Orga growled. "Really because I do find it a laughing matter." "Well isn't it Sting's fault for not being to have common sense," Juri snickered beside me. We laughed yet again, and I placed my hand into a fist in front of her. She fist bumped it and continued to look at the screen. 

"Well this is a problem. For the strongest, invincible Sting-Kun only weakness to be brought out like this..." Lector stated. I tried holding my laughter in after he finished talking and I placed my hand over my mouth to avoid being scolded by my guild mates. "You know Ruka, you shouldn't be laughing, as you suffer from motion sickness too," Rogue said. "Well, I don't go around and volunteer for anything that involves transportation," I said bluntly. I clapped my hands and sat down. "Now let me enjoy this, it's not everyday I see him act like a complete doofus."

Sting POV

"Well then...ughhh...you finally got accustomed to it, huh," I groggily said. "To being a true dragon slayer...uuu..congratulations." Sweat dripped down my face and my stomach felt like it would pop. "Newbie." Saying that was a bad idea, as Gajeel crashed into Natsu, who crashed into me. I struggled to keep my balance. I could practically hear Ruka's laughter from the stadium. All because I probably looked like a doofus. 

Ruka POV

"Hoooh....is this what it means to be 'All Fired Up?" Orga asked. I let my laughter die down as I caught the glares of both Fairy Tail teams. I sat back up straight, Juri collapsing on my lap, gasping for air. "This is so 'basic' huh, Rogue?" Rufus asked. I looked up at Rogue who seemed to be deep in thought. "Don't worry Rogue, I mean what could possibly happen now, I mean he can only come in the last places remaining, we'll make up for lost points in no time," I seriously said. Orga and Rufus sweatdropped. "What? Is something wrong?" "Weren't y-you just, I mean y..you were...Forget about it," Orga murmured. 

Sting POV

Natsu-kun scowled stepping forward, Gajeel-Kun too. They used all their power to barely make it to the edge. "I'm going forward!" He announced to know one particular. 

Though....they do look really pathetic. Even if they can't summon any strength, they're still taking it seriously. What would Ruka do? She was surprisingly good at handling embarrassing situations, like this. It wouldn't hurt to try would it? 

"Fine...I'll give it to you. This victory. We'll continue to win after this. Just 1 or 2 measly points, we can do without," I declared. "Don't go crying about that 1 point later, you baldie," Gajeel-Kun growled at me. "Oh, believe me we won't be crying. You'll be kissing our feet," I threatened. I wanted to get on their nerves right now. I smirked, "It's not like Ruka would let you get a pass just because your her brother." An angry cry from Natsu-Kun as he desperately tried to move forward. I panted, trying to keep my balance, my breathing heavy and ragged. 

I had curiosity though, why had they joined the games? They were a bunch a fairies that always came in last place. They suffered humiliation for so long and yet they're still here. Why? I'll never understand their ways. 

"Can I ask you just one thing?" Sweat dripped down my face, "Why did you join the Grand Magic Games?" "This would have been unthinkable for the Fairy Tail of the past....worrying about the strength of the guild or wordly things like this. The Fairy Tail that I know...well...how to say it...does things at it's own pace. Without worrying about what other might think. It's for our comrades! For 7 years...always...they waited for us...no matter how tough...no matter how sad, even if they were made fools, they endured and endured...and protected the guild! For our comrades! We'll show you! THE PROOF THAT FAIRY TAIL HAS KEPT GOING! AND THAT'S WHY WE'LL KEEP MOVING FORWARD!" 

My eyes widened, a growl escaping my throat. "SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS THAT YOU'LL CRUSH YOUR OWN FLESH AND BLOOD, YOUR SISTER, JUST FOR YOUR DUMB COMRADES! THAT'S SOME BULL YOUR TALKING!" "DON'T YOU DARE BRING RUKA INTO THIS," he shouted. "BUT THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE SAYING!?" i shouted back. We reached the finish line, Natsu and Gajeel practically throwing themselves off. "Fairy Tail A, Natsu, sixth place, 2 points!" "Fairy Tail B, Gajeel, seventh place, 1 point!"

I got off, angrily walking off. "Sabertooth's, Sting, gives up! Zero points!" I made my way to the exit, seeing a figure in the shadows. 

Third Perosn POV 

The black haired girl, leaned against the cool brick wall, hiding herself in the shadows. She had walked down to meet Sting, who was probably not going to be happy. She looked down at her shoes, hearing the crowd. "Their determination, look at it..." I have determination. "Yeah it's amazing." We're amazing. "Just what are they?" A bunch of losers. "Fairy Tail is kinda cool after all, maybe." No, they're not! "I'm going to cheer for them! Fairy Tail!" No, you're not supposed...they're horrible people. 

"For our comrades!" She was their comrade...and they left. She turned around, punching the wall. A dent formed on the bricks, cracks following after that, like  an army following a king. "Your comrades pull you down, they're useless, your idiotic as ever, real comrades stay by your side" Ruka growled. She heard footsteps, the scent of her boyfriend coming closer. She turned around, meeting an angry face, just as mad as hers. He didn't give her a second glance as he walked off, making her more furious. "For the sake of your comrades? That's just trash." The blonde walked away not sparing his lover a second glance. 

She screamed in frustration, her echo screaming off the walls. Now her boyfriend was going to give her a cold shoulder because of her dumb pink haired brother. "I hate you Natsu!" She picked up a lose stone and threw it. She leaned against the wall, slowly dropping. She angrily grabbed a fistful of her hair and kicked the ground, like a little girl. She stopped and let her hair drape over her hair. She felt something soft in her knee, and looked up to see her exceed, who was doing breathing gestures with a smile. Ruka's eyes widened. All this years, Juri has been there, and once she hadn't realized how much further this exceed if from a friend. She was almost like a mother. "Thank you..." the black haired murmured. "Your welcome... Now come on there's still a long day ahead."