Chapter 15

"You're drunk~" 

"I'm pretty sure you are."

"Me? I never get drunk."

"Cana you're drunk all the time."

"Just a little bit...y-you drank al-almost 20 beers, how can you still be standing?~" Cana slured with her words. Her eyes were filled with adrenaline from the liquor. Ruka chuckled seeing her about to pass out, as she lazily rose her finger. "You should be passed out by now Ru-Ruka." She smiled, "I have a fast metabolism and it's part of my magic." 

Natsu and the rest continued to watch Ruka interact with Cana. They smiled watching her get along with everybody else again. As a child she would get along with Cana, they would always spend almost the entire day together. Natsu was glad that hadn't changed at all. "It's nice seeing Ruka-San get along with everybody else, right Natsu?" Lucy asked. He nodded, "Yeah, it's like nothing changed-REALLY?!". 

"CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!" 

Cana and Ruka were drinking again, this time seriously. Beer was running down thier chins, as they chugged down the beer. Cana had 5 mugs stacked already, Ruka ahead by one. Cana suddenly stopped, closed her eyes, as in to stop the alcohol in her blood stream. She fell back, her eyes spinning. Ruka finished her mug, cleaned the beer of her chin and a hint of red fell on her cheeks. Wendy walked over to her, "Are you drunk, Ruka?" Ruka shook her, but smiled, "Just a little." She suddenly seemed uncomfortable, "I need fresh air." She sounded desperate. She walked outside and they saw her walk outside. Natsu got up and followed her out. 

She sat down in the steps, the air was lightly hitting her face. She took a deep breath, feeling every inch of her body tingle, and deeply breathed out. Damn  this mood swings hit hard when you're drunk. She suddenly felt like crying, and then felt like laughing, and then doing both at the same time. "You okay?" She looked back to see her brother. She gave him a thumbs up, but then continued to gag. "Yeah, definitely not," he told himself. He sat down next to her and rubbed her back. "I feel like crying..." she murmured. He chuckled, "Then go ahead, I won't judge." She shook her head, "I can't." 

"Why not?" He laughed. "I don't have any tears." "Yes you do." "I ran out of tears crying over Sting..." she looked away. He stopped rubbing her back, wanting to know more. "Why?" "Because I broke up with him." "Then why did you cry if you broke it off." "Because!" She stopped. She looked at him, dead in the eye filled with raw emotions. "I love him." His eyes widened, he watched her turn away from him, holding her stomach. "I think I'm gonna be sick," she said quickly. She got up and ran to the bushes. A few seconds later, vomiting noises came. Natsu cringed, but didn't move away. She came back wiping her mouth with her hoodie and slowly shaking. "Drinking was no-not a good idea was it?" She laughed. Natsu shook his head. 

"Why did you drink?" She sat back down next to him, placing her head on his shoulder. "Because they say you forget everything when you drink...but I remembered everything instead of forgetting...." 

And at the moment, Natsu knew his sister had been suffering for years. "I love you Natsu," she murmured, "I missed you." Natsu smiled at her and placed his head on top of hers. "I love you too." There was silence between them as they watched people pass by. She made a movement to get up and Natsu moved letting her get up. "I gotta go." She walked back into the bar, held a sleeping Juri in her arm, said goodbye and apologized to the guild once again. As she was walking out, Laxus stopped her. Natsu tried hearing, but with everybody shouting he couldn't hear a thing. 

The guild slowly dies down of their laughers. They glared at each other for a moment, when Ruka smiled at him. "Shhh, Laxus keep it a secret." The Fire Mage, walked over to them, "Keep what a secret?" "Nothing, nothing at all."

"I better get back before they send someone out...See you tomorrow."

She walked away, waving goodbye, seeming much more eager than she was  a minute ago. 

———————————————————————————————————————————————

As Ruka walked through the big wooden doors, her eyes met with a blue eyed blonde boy. She averted her eyes, finding the potted plants much more interesting. There was an awkward silence between them, as he continued to stare at her. 

She cleared her throat, "You're blocking the entrance." "I know." "Then can you please move." 

"No."

"You're annoying."

"And you smell like booze."

"So?"

"You're drunk."

"No, I am not—now move."

She made a move to push him, but he placed his arm in front of her. She was feeling rather angry now. 

"Move Eucliffe."

"Oh, we're on last name bases, now are we—Galaxia."

"That is not my name—Ruka Dragneel is my name."

"Dragneel, is it now, I thought you hated it."

"Well, times change—now move."

"I said no."

Juri stirred in her arms, causing her to look down. "Move or I'll move you." "Perhaps, I can shut the door in your face and lock you out." She didn't respond, biting her lip from saying something she'll regret, "Move." "Have you not been hearing me—I won't let you in." "Well, why not?"

"Because I don't want to be in the same place as you."

She hated him. She wanted to slap him. This was the real Sting. All this year's she had just been looking at his reflection and he had been looking a completely different Ruka. 

 "I-Well go to one of your many hookups, see if they want you back!"

A flash of pain crossed his face. He looked for a sign of regret on her face, but he didn't find anything. "Is that how you really see me?" "Doesn't everyone? Ever since I met you I knew you had dozens-no millions of girls after you....and I got to close to you! And look what happened!" 

"But you love me and I love you! Why can't you get that through your head, Ruka! I love you, I have ever since that snowy night!" He grabbed her shoulders, pulling her into a hug. "Just give me another chance. I know where I made mistakes, just please!" She didn't hug back, refusing to pay attention to him. 

"Sometimes you love a person to quickly because you don't know enough of them to dislike them."

 "And unfortunately...that's exactly what happened to both of us. I'm sorry but I can't give you false hope when I don't even know who I am anymore! And I..I can't love anyone right now." 

Sting stared at the floor, realizing she was being completely honest right now. He knew. He could hear her heartbeat, and she wasn't lying. She was his entire life, his light, his everything. Even if he had to wait a decade, a century, even a millennium, he would wait for her. In that moment he understood she needed to to discover who she was and he wanted to help. Sting wanted to get to know the real Ruka, and the best way to do that was to help her. 

So he took a deep breath in, inhaling her soft lavender smell. A soft smile adorned his face, it grew more when he felt her small arms wrap around his back. "Sting-." "I'll wait. As long as you need to figure this out. I'll be here waiting for you......Just now I love you with all my life." He felt her nod against his shoulder and slowly departed from him. She placed her soft warms hands against his cheek, "Thank you, Sting, for every moment we spent together......how about we start over-just as friends though," she quickly added. 

He gave her a cheeky smile, grabbed her hand and looked into her eyes.

"I'll wait until I can you mine again." 

Aaaaaaaaaa it's so bad, but you guys deserve a chapter!!!! I haven't updated since like April and you guys have requested the next chapter so many times. I know it's short, but please accept this for now and I promise you guys I will try to update as soon as possible!!!🙃