Chapter 9

I am so sorry for not updating like I promised. And I'm so sorry for the long waits that have occurred for every next chapter. This is is just a filler chapter since I couldn't think of solid plot for this main chapter. So, here's a filler chapter of a  younger everyone!!

Now getting to the chapter, here's a POV that I usually don't right in. 

I watched her sleep. Her hair covered her left eye as she slept. Her small breaths moved the tips of her hair. The moonlight fought their way through the curtains and illuminated her face. 

Her face seemed pale. Not pale like a white piece of paper, but like a pale lavender. It gave the impression of cold air, as if you had stayed too long in the snow. 

Snow. 

I smiled at the memory. My first real conversation with her happened on a snowy day. I held her small hand in mine and brought it to my lips. It was four years ago, months after she had joined. It was Christmas Eve, the snow had started to fall, and it was thickening by the second. No one had seen Ruka for a few days. 

"Sting, Rogue come here!"

Master Jiemma's voice boomed through the guild hall. He was glaring at us from across the hall, Minerva standing by his side. Rogue gave me his 'what did you do now' look. I simply shrugged. We walked to him and he stared at us. "Find Ruka."

I scrunched my eyebrows in response. "Find Ruka?.....," I thought in mind. Ruka? Ruka? 

Oh it was the black haired girl that was always with Minerva. They seemed to be really good friends. But, I didn't try to get close to her. There was something about her that screamed 'I don't want to talk to you'. She was pretty, I'll admit that. I tried to, I admit it, hit on her, but she kept ignoring me. I mean how could someone resist me!?

"...Oh you mean that girl that joined a few months back!"

Rogue silently shook his head, eyes closed in frustration. "She hasn't shown up in the guild for 5 days already. I went to visit her at her apartment, but she wasn't there. I asked the landlady and she claimed she hasn't seen her either. And when I went in her apartment, some of her clothes was gone and it looks like no one hasn't been there for a few days" Minerva explained. 

I could see the worry in her eye which didn't happen often. "We'll find her." I looked at Rogue in disbelief. It was freezing cold outside, and you could barley see due to the snow. He walked away towards the entrance, leaving me with a pleading Minerva. I didn't really want to look for her, but I could feel Master Jiemma's glare down my back. I sighed. "I'll help too...." I murmured.

She gave me a smile and she grabbed her fur coat and walked towards the entrance. "Lector come on, time to go!". Lector hurried to my side. "But it's cold outside..." "Look this wasn't my idea, alright?" I said bitterly. We walked outside, to be met with a chilling wind. My bones felt like they were frozen in place and my body started to shiver. The snow was thick and I couldn't see anything. "Rogue look in the north of the city, Sting west, and I'll take the south!" Minerva shouted over the wind. "What about the east!" "She doesn't tend to go towards that part!"

Minerva walked away her figure quickly disappearing from our view. "Be careful!" I looked at Sting as he and Frosch walked away. "Come on lector." We made our way towards the park. Everything was frozen and all I could see was the snow falling. I felt a tug on my coat and saw Lector making grabbing gestures. I rolled my eyes and lifted him up. I hugged him close to me to keep him warmer. 

I had no idea how long we had been out. My body was numb and I had not seen her or found anything related to her. "Fuck you Minerva...making me walk in this snow."