Chapter 13

"Oi! Wait up!" 

A white haired mage turned around. Natsu was running behind her, trying his best to catch up. "Wait!" Hapy yelled. "Natsu-Sama...Happy-Sama," she murmured questioning. She stopped waiting for them to catch up, "Ah...Sorry, Sorry. You're not a bad person." Her facial features changed to those of a questionable face. "You see.... Natsu had made up his mind that you were a bad person just because you were in Sabertooth. That's why he came like this to apologize." 

"Apologize?" Yukino asked. Natsu scratched the back of his head, "My bad." Happy sweatdropped at his apology, "So lightly." "Sorry, even with this, Natsu's grown up a little bit," Happy defended him. "What's that supposed to mean?!" He yelled back. Yukino let a tear slip from her eyes, "You went to all the trouble of chasing after me for that....?" She asked so low. "It's because you looked so gloomy. I thought maybe I had made you feel bad." Natsu smiled at her. 

"No....I'm sorry," she shakily apologized. Natsu cringed, " No no no no....you're putting me on the spot, if you're going to apologize..." Yukino started to cry as Natsu was freaking out, wondering what to do. "It's even worse if you're going to cry!" "What-What wrong!?" Happy shouted freaking out. She fell to her knees and she sobbed into her knees. "I can't....I can't take it anymore. I...no one's ever treated me like this before." Natsu calmed down, curios to hear her story. "I...always looked up to Sabertooth, especially your sister. Last year, I finally got in but,....I'm not allowed to go back anymore." 

She was shaking, "Huh?" "Just from that one lost, I was forced out. I was forced to be naked in front of a lot of people and I had to erase my guild stamp with my own hand," Natsu couldn't believe what he was hearing. Her own guild forced her out. Why on earth would Ruka allow such a thing. "It was so bitter and humiliating. All my self-respect and my memories of the were completely destroyed...and despite all that I don't have place to return to!" Yukino couldn't take it anymore. Knowing her best friend was in pain right now and making her brother think she was probably a monster.

She couldn't take it. Happy sympathically looked at her and Natsu scowled. "Sorry, I didn't know how things are at other guilds but," Yukino apologized for nothing she did wrong, "Though it may be another guild, if you say 'we're both mages' I understand, I understand the bitterness and humiliation of erasing your guild stamp." Natsu was enraged, "A guild that would make it's Nakama cry. That's not a guild at all." 

'Nakama' Yukino thought. Natsu turned away from her heading towards Sabertooth's quarters. "Sir Natsu!" Natsu turned around, facing Yukino. "Don't be mad at Ruka...she's been my only friend and she's probably in pain right now because of me..... Things haven't gone smoothly this days for her and she's at the point of breaking....and be careful, she tends to let her anger out on people through a negative physical way..." Yukino explained. "She...I made her promise not to cry, but she was shaking of anger through out everything and....she..." "What did she so?" She shook her head, "She might not show it, but...she loves you a lot."

Natsu looked down at Happy. They shared a look of questioning. Natsu faces Yukino and nodded. And so a long night was ahead. 

RUKA POV

I gasped for air as I woke up, I frantically looked around the room. I was laying on the bedroom floor. I had a nightmare, but I couldn't remember what it was. But it was enough to wake me up.  I was absolutely fine. I ran my hand through my hair and face. I rubbed my eyes in a child like manner. "Are you feeling okay?". I tiredly looked down, looking down on my exceed. 

Now that she mentions it, as feel great. It's like a weight been thrown off my shoulders. I feel like I could breathe calmly again, without worrying about my relationship. I breathed out happily. "Yeah, never been better," I smiled genuinely smiled at her. Her eyes widened, tears started to form on her eyes. I started to freak out. "Oh my god, are you okay-Did I do something? If I did, I'm sorry?-" "The river girl!" I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion. "Huh?" "You're the river girl again!" She's hugged my waist. The....river...girl.