-03-

*Hours later*

"Yuna? Is that you?" I hear my mother's voice, "Yes, I'm just coming from Jae's." I call out as I close the door and take off my shoes. "How was it? Did you make dinner over there?" She asks and I walk right into the living room. She has a few piles of work that she's grading for her class. "Yes, I was teaching the twins how to make that soup you taught me." She keeps her eyes down on the papers and doesn't even look up at me. "Aaaah.. that's.. very nice."

Her voice trails off. I let out a breath, "And Appa?" I ask, "Mmm.. he's coming home in a little while I think. He should be... mm.." She doesn't finish. I frown and continue to my room, I smile as Kevin is laying on my bed practically blending in, but I can see him in the white sheets because of the orange spot on his eye.

"Hi baby boy." I say to him as I set my backpack on the chair in front of my desk. I turn and he opens his eyes and just stares at me. "Wow, not even a greeting? What a meanie." I frown as I walk up to him and sit on my bed, he purrs and gets up. "Not even a 'hi', Kevin." I frown. He rubs up on me and sits on my lap.

"Okay, I forgive you." I smile and as I sit back I pull him closer to me. I pet his head and he continues to purr, a little more aggressive this time. "I wanted to tell you about Jungkook today." I whisper to him. "He was acting weird and even Jae noticed." I stare off into space as I pet his little head. "I really don't know what to think of it.." my eyebrows knit.

"Do you honestly think there's a possibility that Jungkook could even have the slightest amount of feelings for me like I do for him?" I ask Kevin, I finally look down at him to meet his little cat gaze. He meows, what seems like a response to my question but since I don't know how to speak cat.. I make up his answer in my head.

"Yeah, you're right.. I don't think that Jungkook could possibly like me." I nod. He meows again, it could be a rebuttal to what I have to say but again.. because I don't understand cats I'd like to think he's agreeing with me. Honestly, there's no way in hell that Jungkook could like me. I frown and pet his head again.

"Why can't you just.. go tell Jungkook that I like him? He'd probably laugh and pay no attention to me." Kevin blinks and I scratch his chin. "I want so much to know what it's like to have someone like me back, what it could be like to have him care as much as I do." I gently pet the fur on his chest and make it smoother.

"I mean, don't you think it's kind of ridiculous that I've reserved myself for him all these years? When I could've easily walked away from my feelings?" I slowly shake my head, "My heart has chosen its battle, and I'm not sure if it chose correctly because of how risky it is. My heart just wants to make it harder for me and that's unfair."

I draw little circles in his fur then I smooth it, "Why does love have to be that way? And why do the girls always have to be the ones that get hurt? Why is that fair?" I bite my lip and shut my eyes, "Kevin." My lips tremble, "I wish life wasn't such a huge mystery and it makes you think irrational things." I open my eyes and tears fall down my cheeks.

I lower my body and lay on my side and Kevin lays comfortably looking at me, my head on my pillow. "Why did life choose him? Why did my heart choose someone that possibly would never want me, and it devoted itself to him?" Kevin purrs aggressively and presses himself on me, "Why does this life have to be so unfair to those who try more than people who don't?" I sadly grin at him.

"You're the only mans I need in my life, huh Kevin.." I kiss his little head and he just continues to stare at me. I wonder how low in life you have to be to call your own pet your significant other because no one else wants you. "I have fur in my mouth now." I mumble. He then meows and lays back, it's okay.. fur in my mouth isn't the worst thing that's happened to me or can happen to me.