First Date

Jax woke the next morning in Madison's bed. Madison had her arm wrapped around Jax' waist, slowly Jax moved her arm and got out of bed. Jax sat on the edge of the bed and turned slowly to look down at Madison. Carefully, he moved her hair behind her ear, revealing her beautiful face. Jax leant down and placed a soft kiss on her forehead, before slowly standing up. 

He looked over to the opposite bed, finding Zoe

"Hey." Jax said quietly to not wake Madison.

"Morning...I need your help." Zoe stated.

"Okay...May I ask for what?" Jax questioned.

"I'm going to make Spalding pay for killing Madison." Zoe clarified.

"I'm in. I'm going to rip that bastard's throat out." Jax spat.

"Good, save that anger. Get dressed and I'll meet you by the stairs to Spalding's room." Zoe declared.

Jax nodded and left to get dressed.

Jax met Zoe by the stairs. Zoe stood holding a knife, some rope and a box.

"What's in the box?" Jax asked.

"Let's just say...this will make Spalding talk." Zoe said.

Jax shrugged and helped Zoe up the stairs, then followed her up.

Jax and Zoe carefully and quietly approached Spalding whilst he slept. Zoe opened the box and revealed a tongue.

"Is that?" Jax whispered, pointing to Spalding.

Zoe nodded and placed the tongue in Spalding's mouth, uttering a spell. Zoe handed Jax the rope and he restrained Spalding. Zoe sat on the chair before Spalding's bed, whilst Jax watched over the sleeping man. Within a few minutes, the man woke from his slumber.

"Hey Spalding. How are you feeling?" Zoe asked, sarcastically.

"Fine. I feel fine." Spalding answered.

Zoe walked over to the side of the bed, looking down at Spalding.

"How am I?" Spalding questioned.

He then touched his tongue to his lips and wiggled it.

"Who's tongue is this?" Spalding asked.

"Yours." Zoe answered as she placed a pillow under Spalding's head, "I found it the other day, hidden away. At first I didn't realise what it was. Any severed tongue stored away for forty years, you'd think it would be shrivelled up like a slice of beef jerky by now...but it wasn't, it was wet and alive because someone enchanted it. Isn't that right?" Zoe declared.

"Yes." Spalding answered.

Zoe picked up the box, showing Spalding the initials on the bottom.

"MS? Myrtle Snow. She wanted you to tell the truth, but that was the last thing you wanted to do, so you cut it out of your own head. Answer me!" Zoe exclaimed.