Cordelia's Sacrifice

The next morning, Jax woke up on the couch. Madison was resting on his chest, her hand wrapped in his. Cordelia walked into the lounge and stood behind the couch, looking over her son.

"Good morning, Jackson." Cordelia spoke quietly.

"Morning, what happened?" Jackson asked quietly.

"Madison told me that you were in a lot of pain and then you passed out. It was like the time you passed out with me by the sounds of it." Cordelia explained.

"Why does it keep happening?" Jax questioned.

"I believe that they are linked to the deaths of those you care about. First it was Madison, now..." Cordelia answered.

"Now?" Jax asked.

Before Cordelia could answer, Madison woke up slowly. She lifted her head off of Jax' chest, wiping her eyes. Jax sat up and Madison sat next to him.

"Mom, what happened?" Jax pressed.

Madison took hold of Jax' hand, calming him. Cordelia sat beside Jax and placed her hand on his leg.

"Jackson, I'm sorry. Nan's dead." Cordelia spoke softly.

Jackson took his head in his hands as tears began to fall from his eyes. Madison pulled Jax in for a hug. Cordelia looked at the pair and then stood to leave. Before she left, Cordelia leaned over the back of the couch and kissed her son's temple.

"I'm sorry, Jackson. I know you two were close friends." Cordelia spoke.

"Mom, wait." Jax called after Cordelia, pulling away from Madison.

Cordelia returned to the room.

"How did she die?" Jax asked.

"She drowned in the tub." Cordelia answered, "We're going to lay her to rest in an hour or so."

Jax nodded and wiped his tears.

Jax joined his mother and the girls, along with Kyle at the cemetery. Madison held onto Jax' hand, supporting him. When the service ended, Fiona pulled Jax to one side to join her and Marie. Jax quickly kissed Madison on the cheek, before she walked on with Zoe and Kyle.

 Jax quickly kissed Madison on the cheek, before she walked on with Zoe and Kyle

"Grandma, what's up?" Jax asked.

"Jackson, we are going to take down the witch hunters." Fiona answered.

"What?" Jax queried.

"Boy, your father was a witch hunter. You killed that son of a bitch and we're going to destroy the rest of those bastards." Marie clarified.

"How do you know? Actually it doesn't matter, so how do I come into this plan of yours?" Jackson questioned.

"You're the muscle. You're gonna be our security guard and when we have them in our grasp, you will shift and tear them to pieces. Don't worry, I've also got back up, if it doesn't quite go to plan." Fiona declared.