Telling the Truth

Kayla had been resting for a little bit, not yet having the energy to go to school, so the others had some time off. Jackson took this time to make a group chat with the others. He sent a text to the others which read. "Hey. Just testing out this group chat idea. I thought it would be easier than relaying the ideas to the others through separate texts."

Zill would be the first to respond. "That's a good idea. Kayla's still sleeping through most of the days, but I think she'll be able to come to school soon." Zill was in Kayla's home with her, sitting beside her bed. Ever since they got her back, she's been nothing but exhausted. The boys could relate to it though. Zill just adjusts the blankets so that she was comfortably tucked in.

Jackson was just at home. His job was later at night so he had some time to himself. He responded once again. "Autumn, you there? What I gotta say is kind of important."

Autumn was lying in a bed that wasn't his own. He had passed out by Camilla's grave and someone must've taken him somewhere more suitable to rest. As Autumn picked himself up, he looked around and tried to recognize the house. It was hard to distinguish, he was still a bit tired. That was then Rusty walked through the bedroom door, looking to Autumn. "So you're finally up..." He softly said, walking to Autumn.

"Ruben? Where are we..?" Autumn began to ask before Rusty quickly answered.

"Best apartment I could rent for myself. Anyplace away from my old man is a good place." Rusty sat by the bed, and looked to Autumn. "Mind telling me why I found you passed out by your cousin's grave?"

Autumn thought back, and remembered the events before he passed out. Tom being there, him yelling out, and he just passed out crying by the grave. "I guess... I was just exhausted... thanks."

"It was stupid to be passed out when rain was rolling in..." Rusty sighed softly. "At least you're ok." He walks out of the room. The apartment was cheap, obviously, but had a fair amount of space here and there. Rusty went to the cramped kitchen area. "I have some food I can heat up for you."

"Oh, no, it's fine Ruben. It's quite alright..." Autumn said. He didn't want Rusty to go through any more trouble, but he did question the uncharacteristic kindness the other was giving him.

"Thought I told ya to stop calling me that Doe Boy." Rusty said, giving a little glare at Autumn.

"And I told you to stop calling me that, but here we are." Autumn said in return. It earned a little chuckle from Rusty. "You've been... awfully nice to me these past weeks. Is everything ok Ruben?"

Rusty leaned against the kitchen counter, looking back at Autumn. "You're going through some shit, you don't need me to be the asshole that I usually am."

Autumn sighed. "You don't have to act differently for my sake."

Rusty just shrugs. "I suppose I don't have to, but I want to. I'll... see ya around, yeah?"

Autumn nods. "Thank you Ruben. Really." He got his things before going to leave. There was something about Rusty, like he wanted to say something, but didn't have the courage to do so. After walking a fair bit from the apartments, he noticed his phone had been buzzing a little bit. He checked it, and saw the group chat Jackson had made. It was his turn to respond. "I'm here. What's going on?" He texted and sent into the chat.

Jackson gave a little sigh of relief. He hadn't responded in a little bit, but Jackson began with what he had to say. "I think I should tell Zechariah about what we've been doing."