Training of the Body, and Heart

Jackson soon left the nurse's office, his tongue returned to a natural color though it still had a little level of numbness to it. He could formulate sentences at least. He glares at Zill. "You know, you could've warned me..." He said with a slight sneer.

Zill shrugs a bit. "I didn't know the spices where that powerful." He chuckles a bit. "Besides, food there is free now."

"I honestly don't know if I wanna go back there after what I endured." Jackson sighs a bit.

"I'm sorry man... I thought this would boost your confidence but, I suppose I ain't exactly cut out for that kinda help." Zill said, a bit solemnly.

Jackson just shook his head and smiled. "You do help me, but I feel like today was a brain fart day for you."

"I'm just glad you ain't angry. I owe ya a big one though." Zill said with a little smile. "Though... maybe I should ask Kayla for assistance on that confidence building thing."

"Doesn't she usually go to the gym today?" Jackson asks, tilting his head a bit.

"Yeah. Maybe you can go down with her." Zill said, now smiling full on.

"I dunno. Last time I went, I faceplanted on a treadmill and a set of dumbbells crushed me." Jackson rubs the back of his neck, looking away.

"You know Kayla wouldn't let that happen when you're around. Hey, maybe she can help you with combat. She's good with sparring and always gives me a run for my money." Zill chuckles a bit. "Last time she pretty much decked me."

"Well, if it's with Kayla, maybe I'll have less to worry about." Jackson smiles a bit. "I can call her about the idea."

"I can walk you over. It takes a bit of money to get in, but I'll pay for the first go around." Zill began walking on with Jackson.

"You just wanted me to get the free food because you're addicted to tamales, huh?" Jackson said in a teasing tone to Zill.

"Hey, I haven't been the same since I've had your cooking! It's really good when the kitchen doesn't burst into flames." Zill said with a little huff and an eyeroll. "The ones they have there are a good substitute, but nothing like the real thing."

"Oh, please. My cooking can't be THAT good." Jackson shrugged a bit.

"We can argue how wrong you are later, but right now, gym time." Zill and Jackson took their leave of the school. Though out of the corner of his eyes, he was sure he saw Rusty with Autumn. Autumn seemed to be acting as supervision as Rusty tended to his punishment. Though Jackson hated to admit it, his eyes immediately averted as soon as he saw Rusty. He didn't get it. He stood up to Rusty after he got his Persona, he bought model weapons from Rusty, but a simple touch on the arm sends him into some oversensitive state. He would have to see Cameron about this when the weekend was over. Maybe try getting Rusty in on some of the sessions, see if that would help.

"Zill? What do you... feel about Rusty?" Jackson asks quietly. "Do you resent him?"

"Of course I do." Zill said with a matter of fact tone. "He made a lot of your life hell as if it hasn't been enough already."

"But he's one of us now. A teammate." Jackson sighs a bit.

"Doesn't mean I have to like him." Zill says, walking along. "Though, I gotta say, if you're this willing to try and ease tensions with him, you're more of a man than I am."