Confidence Boosting

Jackson sat home alone. There was still and overall exhaustion, but he was mostly still just mad with himself. He hated how he just froze up as soon as Rusty touched him and he hated how much the fear still crept up on him, even while he was alone. He wanted it to stop, and he couldn't bear it. In his eyes, in his heart, he felt deep down like he was just a coward hiding from the problem. So, he did what he always did when he had a problem. He called Zill for help. He sat on his bed, twirling the knife from the TV world around his fingers, much like a drumstick, impatiently. His mind drifted to and fro, thinking he should try practicing the drums a bit more now that he had some time to relax from the whole hectic situation that was saving people from the clutches of death. Eventually his thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of his phone stopping and Zill answering.

"Hey. What's up Jack?" Zill said somewhat groggily. It was a weekend, and he was probably as tired as Jackson was. Though unlike Jackson, he probably got some sleep.

"Zill, I need help." Jackson said almost instantly. "I can't... be afraid of Rusty like I am now. Not when he's a team member."

Zill audibly sighed on the other end of the phone. "Jackson, you can't rush this. I know you wanna give him some benefit of the doubt, but I dunno if he deserves that yet."

"Well even if I don't like him, I want to have the ability to respect him as a teammate!" Jackson said almost immediately.

"I'm sorry Jack but I..." Zill began to trail off, an idea coming to him. "How about we try doing things to boost your confidence? Maybe doing little things can help with the big thing!"

"I don't know how well that would work Zill..." Jackson said wearily.

"Well, even if it doesn't work, you deserve a relaxed day after a few nonstop rescues." Zill says, now going to get ready for the day. "Why don't we head out and have a day for ourselves? You and me buddy."

"Well, that does sound kinda nice right now." Jackson says, now beginning to lightly ease up. "We can head out for lunch!"

"Lunch? What time is it?" Zill asks.

"It's like... eleven forty" Jackson responds as he went to go get ready himself.

"Mierda. I'm going to be really hungry..." Zill sighs a bit, but then snaps. "I know a perfect place to start with the confidence training thing. Supposed to be really good food too."

"Zill, this is slightly worrying..." Jackson began to trail off.

"You'll be fine! I'll send ya the address." Zill says, confident in his plan for the day now. "I'll see you later bro!"

"Heh, you too." Jackson nervously says before hanging up. He got ready nonetheless but still worried on what Zill's plan was to give him a 'confidence boost'.

The two would meet up at a restaurant, some kind of Mexican food place that didn't seem cheap like a fair number of others you'd find at little outlet malls or otherwise, though the menu outside was advertising some sort of challenge. It read "Come and take the Infierno del Diablo challenge! Winner's food is free for life!"

"And that's what you're doing today!" Zill says, smiling a bit in Jackson's direction.

"A... spicy burrito. I dunno Zill, this seems like it won't help at all." Jackson says skeptically, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"You see, it's this kinda attitude that isn't going to help you. Now c'mon!" Zill exclaims, going to take Jackson's hand.

"Zill I don't think... woah!!" Jackson was cut off by Zill pulling him into the restaurant and walking up to the waitress at the front.