Chapter Eleven

This banner is awesome, love it so much LauraIshAnime thank you!

If you would like to send in your banners, my email is open (: Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1628

~Kezziah

Extremely cautious hardly summoned up my demeanour, as I slip out of my room.

This could be a trap. Some way for Alden to pin something on me, that would eventually lead to my confession. And that I would lead to Alden seeing the mark on my back, which is currently the only thing I have against him. As long as he never sees it, I have time to escape. I'm unsure of what he will do with me once he has what he wants.

The corridor is empty, the time of morning unknown. It's earlier enough that Sermon isn't out harassing patients here. So I make my way quickly toward the elevator. Alden mentioned something about the top floor. With nowhere else to go, that will be my destination.

Who knows where Alden went. Not me. After my bath, he surely returned to his rooms, or left the facility completely.

Stepping into the elevator, I take one last glance down the corridor. This could be a big mistake, but I have little to lose at this point. And I'm curious. So I punch the button for the top level, and feel the contraption shudder and shake before it smoothly brings me up. I can't regret this, and I won't.

The elevator tings above my head, and the doors glide upon. I'm looking into a elegant foyer, white marble floors so incredibly sleek and shiny, I'm afraid to step out into the, even with my bare feet. This is most definitely the top floor, considering the clerestory windows floating above me. Despite the daunting atmosphere that reeks luxury and wealth, I wander into the foyer.

The feeling of committing something is so strong I almost turn back around and leave. However, I'm so curious to see why Alden invited me here. Or rather, implied that there are things up here that I would enjoy. I know it's him attempting to gain my trust, so I might as well make the most of it.

I find an adjoining corridor, which I trail down, trying to remember where I came from so I wouldn't get lost. The hallway is long and winding, leading to what I assume is the edge of this floor.

And I'm right about that.

Cautiously opening a door, I discover what is on the other side is beyond stunning. A large scale wall made of glass extends in front of me. On the other side of it, a view that steals the breath from my lungs. I never truly liked the Wisdom Pack, after everything Alden has put me through, and never went to any length to find anything about it. Looking at it, it's a beautiful place. Despite the fact that there is no free land in sight, I'm still amazed by it all.

Slender towers, of all heights, make up most of the space in this Pack. Everything is so new, so gleaming and modern. I see a residential area far at the other end of the Pack, but from here, all I see. And with the darkness still settled over the buildings, I can see glittering lights from each structure.

The sky is a sultry, mellow blue. It bleeds into the darkened sky, which is slowly letting up. The sun will be rising soon. So I settle on the floor, legs crossed, ready to enjoy it.

Perhaps this isn't what Alden wanted me to find, but I'm glad I did. I wouldn't utter a word to any of the girls in the cafeteria.

I'm not sure how long I sit there. At some point, my backside went numb, but I was too engrossed in the view. The sun - as it first peak - was concealed behind a building directly in front of me. So I concentrated on the subtle pinks and golden oranges that stole the darkness from the sky. I can't take my eyes off it, worried that every time I blink, I'll miss more of the spectacle.