Chapter Forty Six

Word Count: 1560

~Kezziah

Time greeted me in a local bar once I had thanked Rosie and left.

It is almost empty in here considering the time of night. Once man sits in the corner of the room, sipping on his drink drunkenly. Time sat in a booth, holding a drink filled with a bronze liquid full of froth. He raises a dark eyebrow at me expectantly, waiting for me to share with him whether I succeeded or not.

"It's done," I mutter, falling into the otherside of the booth tiredly. I'm empty after doing that, after seeing her in person and commiting what would normally be a heinous crime were it not for an Immortal like Time.

"Thank you," he murmurs, taking a sip of his drink. "How is she, dare Rosie? As depressed as I assume she is?"

I shrug, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of knowing.

"You don't deserve her. I hope she never wants you, and gives you all the hell on the world until you realise how truly lonely you are," I spit, folding my arms on the table. Time blinks, golden eyes blazing silently. He doesn't look all that affected by what I said, however, there is that small flicker of anger within him that he cannot hide.

"That's no way to speak to your mate," Time mutters, leaning forward. He grabs both my hands, but no matter how hard I pull away, I can't escape him. His grip is so tight, it almost begins to hurt, pressing my knuckles together.

I grit my teeth, knowing that is his warning. "I did what you wanted me to. Now keep your end of the deal, and get rid of this mate bond between us."

Time smiles almost deviously, but nods.

"I am a man of honour, believe it or not. A deal is a deal," he tells me, as I believe for a second he has any honour. I'm not going to say no to this deal though. Once I am free from him, it is only the brand I need to get rid of. Maybe I can get the cure off Time earlier through Thought so a cure of Alden can be the main focus.

Time closes his eyes, so I do so too. His hands tighten even more around mine to the point I was going to protest, until I could feel something pulling inside me. It runs through my entire body, until I can feel it seep back into Time, leaving my body completely.

Once it was fully gone, a spark of pain floods through me, making me jerk away from him. My heart doesn't slow down it's beating until the pain diminishes.

The mate bond is gone.

Relief consumes what had left me empty in that moment. It's gone. Finally, I can be with Alden and there is no worry anymore. All I need to remove is this brand on both him and I. Then, we can be free, and I can live my life happily, for once. Time has taken my family from me, but he won't take anyone else.

Pulling my hands from his, I stretch, feeling as if a weight as diminished off my shoulders. Even Time looks satisfied. He might have been using me, but I can tell he is relieved he can be with his own mate now.

I decide I need to see if I can get anymore out of him. "And this ugly brand on my skin? I've done what you've wanted."

A smile touches his lips.

"I quite like keeping a piece of me with you forever," Time tells me slowly, throwing back the rest of his drink. I should have known, considering he is the most narcissistic being to exist that I know of. At least I know I have another way of forcing him to get rid of it. "Do you really think I want you to forget me?"

Gritting my teeth, I know there is no point in arguing with him about this, considering how stubborn he is. So I decide to change the subject, hoping he will hurry and take me home. "Why are you drinking alcohol?"