Entrance Exam

(M/N)'s pov:

Shaking with anticipation, I pulled on my button up collar with clammy hands. Grossed out by the icky feeling I wipe my hands on my black trousers. 

Standing in front of UA's humongous school gate, never have I felt so small. Taking a small step forward, a stream of people walked past me.

I felt extremely intimidated by the beefy teenagers walking past me with confident expressions through the UA school gate. My legs shook violently when one turned to look at me. Darting off to a random direction. Feeling envious of their confidence, I slowed my steps, only to bump into a muscular back.

'Oh no' I panic internally, not daring to move an inch. After a few seconds of silence, I dared to look (up/down). Only to meet a pair of large round eyes. Squeaking at how close the other was, I fell backwards. Waiting for impact, I braced myself, only to feel a pair of strong arms wrap around my figure. 

My eyes shot open to look at the now kind eyes of the one who had caught me. I feel a blush creep up my neck from embarrassment. 

Suddenly, he spoke up, "Are you-" I cut him off rudely by jumping away from his grasp and dusted myself off. Awkwardly rubbing the back of my head, I apologised to the male and rushed off. 

Why did God make me this way?

I face palmed at my stupidity, how can someone embarrass themselves so easily in the first minute of stepping into this school. 

Making my way to the auditorium, I sat down in a random seat and crossed my fingers that no one would sit next to me.

Sadly, not even minutes after my wish, someone walked up to me and sat in the seat directly left of me. Too shy to look up, I kept my head down, awkwardly drumming my fingers on my thighs.

"Hey." the person next to me suddenly said. So startled, I jolted in my seat.

Why am I so jumpy today?

I question myself. Looking up to see it was the male that saved me from my fall, I now had time to actually take in his features.

A wide smile and bright blue eyes filled with determination (though his gaze was currently apologetic) was especially eye-catching about the male. He had a strong jaw and blonde hair in a mullet, bangs upturned, facing the sky.

"Hey man, sorry for what happened at the gate. I didn't mean to embarrass you, I caught you on impluse." he kindly apologised. Raising his hand, he offered a handshake and introduced himself. "The name's Togata, Togata Mirio. Nice to meet you." Offering a calming smile, I relaxed under his gaze. Taking up his offer, I shook his hand. "Ha... ha, I'm Uraraka. Uh... Uraraka (M/N)."

I let go of his hand, frantically apologising for my clammy hands. Growing self-conscious again, I looked down at my lap and gripped my shirt. 

Mirio let out a laugh, it surprisingly reminded me of the loud laugh my dad lets out. Feeling weirdly calmed by the laugh, my tense shoulders relaxed further. "Haha, it's fine Uraraka-san. I don't mind at all. I just hope I'm not making you uncomfortable." he says, awkwardly. He rubbed the back of his head and gave me a shy and apologetic smile.

"No no. I'm not uncomfortable, just nervous." I reply awkwardly too. "Heh, yeah. I'm glad, since I already had such an intimate experience with you, I just guessed if I would make any friends, it would be with you first." 

My face was tinted pink at his words 'intimate experience', I kept a calm expression and tried computing a response with a distressed mind. "Yeah, I do hope to make some friends first..."